I will be going for this LTO or Limited Time Offer from AMEX before it ends (just waiting on the Chase Hyatt card to change over to points before I do many cards all on the same day). Today I am again working through all 30 of the reasons I can think of to get the card. Like:
- BOGO cert,
- 70,000 SkyMiles,
- $100 Credit,
- 10,000 MQMs,
- MQD Waiver,
- 20,000 bonus MQMs,
- More Upgrades,
- Pay With Miles
- SYNC Deals
- Unique Card Product
- ZONE 1 Boarding (even on BASIC fares).
- 9 Free Bags
- Discounted Sky Club access
- Free updated FICO score
- Free Bag Insurance
- 20% off In-Flight Savings
- …today’s reason!
…and today a simple one, yet it is not really so simple after all.
- 2x SkyMiles on Delta tickets
Let me start out by saying I do not pay for my Delta tickets with my Delta card. Well, most times that is. I like to use my Citi Prestige travel card due to the outstanding travel insurance the card provides me.
However, at the start of the year, when I am working on my MQD exempt spending, I do tend to use my Delta AMEX card because I need to mix up my spending and why not get 2x SkyMiles as part of that mix.
The big question: is this smart to do – that is, pay for your Delta tickets on your Delta card? It all depends on if you need SkyMiles. I value my SkyMiles at 1.5-2 cents each so I am thus getting 3-4 cents in value if I book on Delta.com and pay with my Delta AMEX. There are other cards that yield higher values that should be considered. Again, this 2x perk is only smart if you are in need of more SkyMiles.
What do you think? Do you pay for your Delta tickets on your Delta AMEX or do you use another card? – René
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 4 months.
- In addition, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 4 months. Offer expires on 7/5/2017.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight – that’s a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees