Last time I posted about cutting mine up with tin snips and that does work but you still then have bits of the card with info on them this way. You can just take a hair dryer to it and lift off the plastic layer with all the info and then cut that into little bits but the card tends to get VERY HOT if you use the dryer trick.
So this time with my old card I just took advantage of my warm and toasty fireplace to do the deed and take care of my old card (and Lisa’s old one too). The information is VERY destroyed and after the fire cooled down I could dispose of the remainder of the card. Just curious what you do to get rid of your old “metal inside” cards? – René