If you have not had the chance to log in to your “My Trips” and take a look at your Delta flights over the next few months I would REALLY suggest you do so ASAP. Why? This weekend Delta has rolled out another big round of schedule changes.
Just what does this mean for you? First off PLEASE take the time to read the post about the MIGHTILY schedule change and the rule. It will help you and answer so many question. Next, know this is an opportunity for you to really get some nice perks.
Now I am SURE you all did read the linked post, but, if you are just to tired to click it, here are at least some quick tips:
1) Check what routes are open you can switch to before you call
2) Decide if you want more points (MQMs not Skymiles) or a better route
3) If award seats the points do not matter now
4) If partners you can NOT force space, but can tinker with Delta metal
5) You can go from single connect to double or the other way around
6) Fees just don’t apply for this change
7) Don’t take no for an answer and check all changes before you hang up
8) CAREFUL about clicking accept online – can go wonkie – just call!
These are the main bullet points. What about just an equipment change and the time does not really change? Officially you are stuck but HUCB can work. I went from a wide-body to narrow and looked at another route, that also gave me mucho-more points as well, that was about the same time. I asked please to change as I dislike that plane (plus it had a ton less 1st class seats). I got the change (helps to be Diamond).
What if the change is less than an hour arrival or depart change or not less that 30 min connect? Often times you can beg for them please to check with a supervisor to see if they can switch it under the schedule change rules.
It is beyond frustrating that Delta can make the time to send out silly and bordering on bogus marking emails to upset us or others to tell us to flush the value of our Skymiles down the drain but they can not tell us simply “oh, all your seats are now different as well as half of your flights may miss connect”. Ah well, at least I have alert friends to tip me off and I can share with you! – René