Now you only have a few weeks to go with the LTO or Limited Time Offer from AMEX. During June, day by day, I am looking at all the reasons I can think of. Like:
- BOGO cert,
- 70,000 SkyMiles,
- $100 Credit,
- 10,000 MQMs,
- MQD Waiver,
- 20,000 bonus MQMs,
- More Upgrades,
- Pay With Miles
- SYNC Deals
- Unique Card Product
- ZONE 1 Boarding (even on BASIC fares).
- …today’s reason!
…and each day I will add one more as to why now is a great time to get the card and the perks it offers you by holding it. Today, day 13 of 30, I will focus on the travel perk:
- 9 FREE bags!
But just what does the 9 free bags mean and who gets to benefit from this bag perk (since we do not fly Southwest – ZING)! Let’s break them down.
First things first – you do NOT have to pay for your Delta airline ticket with your Delta AMEX card to get the free bag perk. You just must have your Delta AMEX card tied to your SkyMiles account and you are good to go.
Next, the free bag perk is for YOU and up to 8 more people on the same itinerary as you. Let me say that again, the other passengers need to be on the same reservation, PNR or itinerary as you. Then you get the perk. Worst case you can “link” your reservation, show your card to the agent at check-in and they can waive the bag fee.
However, your free bag perk is NOT transferable to anyone else. That means if you buy a ticket for someone with your Delta AMEX card this does NOT trigger the free bag perk unless, say it with me, you are traveling with them on the same reservation with them. 🙂
Lastly your free bag perk as a card holder is only on Delta and Delta connection flights. If you are flying other partner flights their bag fees apply.
Bottom line is this can be a HUGE cash savings. Since Delta charges $25 for the 1st bag, so if you are a family of 4, this could save you $200 round trip on a vacation (since bag fees are charged each way). I know of many readers who hold one of the Delta AMEX cards for just this single perk alone! – René
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 4 months.
- In addition, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 4 months. Offer expires on 7/5/2017.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight – that’s a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees