Lots of readers are going for this LTO or Limited Time Offer from AMEX. In June, day by day, I am looking at all the reasons why they are doing this like:
- BOGO cert,
- 70,000 SkyMiles,
- $100 Credit,
- 10,000 MQMs,
- MQD Waiver,
- 20,000 bonus MQMs,
- More Upgrades,
- Pay With Miles
- SYNC Deals
- Unique Card Product
- ZONE 1 Boarding (even on BASIC fares).
- 9 Free Bags
- …today’s reason!
…and each day I will add one more as to why now is a great time to get the card and the perks it offers you by holding it. Today I focus on the lounge perk that is:
- Discounted Sky Club Access!
Now let me get the obvious out of the way. The standard current “SINGLE VISIT FEE” to get into the Delta Sky Club of $59.00 is just bat nuts crazy. Anyone paying that much to enter a Sky Club needs to get professional help – it is not worth it for that much money.
But what if the price were cut in half. Then, if you have a long enough time to spend inside the club, the Delta AMEX card provides value. Rather than paying the full fee, by holding the card, you get in for the cut-in-half price of just $29.00 (for a single visit)!
This means if you have issues with your ticket and want Sky Club agents help to make it better that the fee to get in could be worth it on it’s own.
Or, if you have a long layover and want a few drinks, some decent snacks and nowadays respectably fast wifi the discounted fee to get in by holding the Delta AMEX card could pay off.
Lastly, and it is kinda hard to put a price on this, if you are an AVgeek like me spending hours on the ATL or JFK Sky Deck enjoying jets from all over the world fly by (while enjoying a refreshing beverage) could be reason enough to pay to enter these two special clubs! – René
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 4 months.
- In addition, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 4 months. Offer expires on 7/5/2017.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight – that’s a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees