TIC TOCK the clock is running for the LTO or Limited Time Offer from AMEX. This weekend, and through June 30th, I am looking at all the reasons I can think of. Like:
- BOGO cert,
- 70,000 SkyMiles,
- $100 Credit,
- 10,000 MQMs,
- MQD Waiver,
- 20,000 bonus MQMs,
- More Upgrades,
- Pay With Miles
- SYNC Deals
- Unique Card Product
- ZONE 1 Boarding (even on BASIC fares).
- 9 Free Bags
- Discounted Sky Club access
- …today’s reason!
…and today I focusing on one that is both a perk and something that could block you or prevent you from getting this Delta AMEX card:
- Free FICO score & tracking!
If you into travel cards at all one of the critical things to know is your real credit score and holding the personal Delta AMEX cards will provide just that. Experian, via their useful app, does give you a free credit report that also tracks hard credit pulls (and when they go away) but not your FICO credit score.
AMEX will update your FICO score once a month. If you compare the results to other service that provide a score I think you will find AMEX tends to be a few points lower than the others. Does this mean it is more or less accurate? Hard to say but I like that AMEX tends to be a bit conservative in the scoring (btw other services show me well over 800 today). But I mentioned another factor in all of this.
When you again look at Experian they have a useful chart for you to compare your FICO score and where you land in the realm of “Very Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good or Exceptional” credit scores.
When it comes to Delta AMEX cards your chances for being approved are excellent if you are 740 or higher. If you are less than that, i.e. even if you have “good” credit, you are far less likely to get an instant approval (or to be approved at all).
Bottom line the Delta AMEX cards are for those who maintain and excellent credit rating and holding this card also give you free a chance to continue to monitor your FICO score free! – René
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 4 months.
- In addition, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 4 months. Offer expires on 7/5/2017.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight – that’s a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees