Talk about just about perfect timing for those of us who are looking for a few more MQMs to finish whatever status level we are chasing with Delta for 2018/2019 as Amex has come out with the largest Amex Reserve card (business card only) offer they have EVER had. Take a look then I will talk about why this is such a sweet deal:
- Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases.
- After the introductory 6 month period, the APR for purchases will be variable at 17.49%-26.49% based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening, and this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Offer expires 11/07/2018.
- Earn 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 15,000 bonus miles after you reach $30,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in the calendar year.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding and enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you spend overseas.‡
- Complimentary Delta Sky Club® Access.‡
- Terms and limitations apply
- See Rates & Fees
Just wow. First off, when it comes to MQMs, there are always lots of question when it comes to gifting etc. If you have any of those see THIS rookie post for all the answers. Now on the value of this mega offer.
I personally value my Delta SkyMiles at 1.5-2 cents each. That means this is a $1050-$1400 value offer, minus the non-waived, large $450 fee, nets out at $600-950 after meeting the minimum $5,000 in spend. And that is just for the SkyMiles value – not for all the other perks that mean even more (to me). Worst case, using “Pay With Miles” at 1 cent each, you are still netting out $250 value year one alone!
You are also getting 10,000 MQMs. Each year I take a number of elite mileage runs to make sure I reach at least 125,000 MQMs and I like paying less than 4 cents each for those MQMs. Thus, to me, the new card bonus MQMs has a max value of $400.
Next up, we have Sky Club access for the year you have the card. Remember that as of 1JAN19 no one has “real” Sky Club membership anymore. Yep, you must be flying Delta to enter the club even as a “member” of the club. This means this card gets you access the same way as someone paying for individual membership. Unfortunately it only gets the card holder in for free but guests are discounted.
Then we have Priority Checkpoint access with this card. Yep, even if you do not have ANY status with Delta, Reserve card members are entitled to enter the expedited Sky Priority security line with their printed boarding pass at participating airports. Just nice.
Also, in year two after your fee bills again, you get a Bogo cert (see E22 post) that is good for 1st class or coach bookings. Now that these certs are valid for Medallion upgrades, they are worth even more than ever to me. I know many flyers that simply hold the Reserve card each year for this perk alone! Keep in mind you can choose ANY two people you want to fly on these certs.
More upgrades. I can first hand attest to this, you WILL see many more upgrades once you hold this card and have spent at least $25,000 on this card. I have had some readers tell me their upgrade percentage went up by almost 50% once they got this card and reached the 25k spend but your improvement will depend on where you fly out of. I always get this done ASAP at the first of the year, each year, and enjoy the perks!
The timing for this offer is just about perfect. My guess is most have NOT had this card as it is a business card as new card bonus offers for Amex are 1x in your lifetime. Also keep in mind anyone can get this card even if you are simply a sole proprietor that say buys and sells on Ebay – even if you do not make much money doing so. There is a place on the application for your total income to be considered for approval when you apply.
Lastly there is the chance for bonus MQMs via spend levels. Understand this is based on charges posting by the end of the calendar year each year (annual fee NOT included). This means you would have to spend $30,000 before 31DEC18 to get the first 15,000 bonus MQMs and Sky Miles and another $30,000 for the second bonus. However, You could do this again starting 1JAN19 and get two more bonus before the annual fee bills again next year! Something to think about for many.
Are you jumping on this mega Amex Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card card offer? – René