(ya know they still make this stuff?)
I consider myself a reasonable man. I have my Bachelors from IU. I have run my own business for almost 20 years. I feel some of my blog posts are good, sometimes helpful, and maybe even now and then insightful. And then you read the Delta news for the week. Oh boy!
- How can this be a good idea? It is very very hard to make money running an airline. It is so hard to make money refining oil that some are just shutting down. So, Delta is thinking about buying an oil refinery? Really? And talk of “very critical negotiations” does not bode well.
- Delta needs regional airlines as we all know. I blogged about the Pinnacle bankruptcy filling last week. I guess you never miss a chance for a raise if you are a company CEO right? Oh and while Delta wants to reduce the CRJ-100/200’s moving to 700 & 900’s the Pinnacle CEO wants to dump them and just run all 50 seat jets. Say it ain’t so! Please say it ain’t so!
- The good news is airline fare prices keep going up. Oh this is not good news for us as travelers but good for Delta trying to make money. Again, do we see the value of points and knowing how to book low level awards?
- So I don’t know how you could have missed this one but why would you fly in your last trimester of pregnancy? And I think the obstetrician on the flight should be awarded FREE Delta Diamond Status this year for what the doctor did on board the aircraft! Agree?
- Air France got it’s 60th 777 this week. As much as I despise CDG I want to try this bird and the new business lounge at 2E looks like it will be interesting as well.
- Looks like Skyteam partner Korean Air will bring their A380 to ATL next year. It will be fun to see what kind of award space becomes available on these birds.
- Basic Economy Delta tickets – “it’s a shift in the right direction as far as passengers are concerned” says The Motley Fool. I say that this is one of the worst. Let’s see, less choice, soon less MQM’s & RDM’s could be on the way for this fare class. Ugg!
April showers bring May flowers they say. I think I need an aspirin! – Rene