So what is on tap this week in the news roundup for our favorite airline? Let’s start with the fun and good news.
- If you, like me, spend a lot of time on the ex-NWA Airbus 330’s going over the pond to Europe, you can now enjoy the completed video upgrade to the birds.
- As much as we all complain about the cursed CRJ-100/200, just be happy you don’t live in Hattiesburg as you will no longer have Delta CRJ’s but will be going “back in time” and once again have SAAB turbo props. Enjoy?!
- And to follow up on one of my least favorite people, who wants to keep 50 seats CRJ until our Grandkids are our age, is leaving Pinnacle airlines. Now this after a huge increase in CEO pay I talked about last round. I bet he gets an outstanding exit package. What do yo think?
- Prices are going up. And just when it looked like this latest round would NOT stick, United jumped on board so more money for Delta.
- And lastly how about we look at Delta’s top brass doing some call center work. It looks like they only talked to Diamond Medallion flyers. So were any of Delta Points readers on the other end of the line for these calls?
Some other musings while talking about news. We are seeing few offers from American Express this year while Chase is going hog wild. We are however seeing many targeted offers so be sure you are signed up with AMEX to receive junk mail as one of them could get you a bunch of bonus points. I still hope AMEX will bring back one this year where we can send Membership Rewards to Delta and score MQM’s! We will have to wait and see. I am still working on some kind of Delta DO this year and will let you know if I can get something firmed up. – Rene