Today is one of those posts I always mean to write and never get around to, but I had some time on vacation at last to do it. There are so many kool apps or sites I love and use almost every day. So here is my list of some things you may benefit from as well. Then later, I would love for you to comment what TECH you just love and are so happy you found. I am sure some of these you will think, “duh – I have been using these for years”! Great. Now we can use them too! 🙂
I will start with my Android Phone (all are iPhone too I think). These are my favorites:
- The Delta App naturally – I love it when I fly but print my boarding pass on paper (2x – one to give to rep at the desk when I ask to give up my seat for a bump.)
- Dolphin browser HD – So much better than any stock Android I have ever used
- FoxFi – LOVE this to turn my phone into Hotspot at no extra charge if you already have a data plan on the phone that is.
- WiFi File Transfer – again no cord and sends files just great.
- Skype app – love calling worldwide free when I can find wifi
Next my PC. I am not a MAC guy so no idea what you all use.
- SSD (Solid State drive). Laptop & desktop both run SSD. Until you try SSD you don’t know what you are missing! Seriously. Go get one and replace your old hard drive (you may need a geek to help you). They will make ANY new or old computer 2-20x faster. They are just that fast!
- I also love Foxit PDF Reader as it is a much faster PDF reader than Adobe. Speaking of Adobe. Do you have print to PDF? PDF Creator let’s you “print” anything to a PDF so you can save, say, a credit card app to a PDF and not need to print it to paper.
- And if you do a “print screen” i.e. prt sc button on your keyboard, you can then paste in a screen shot and use PAINT.net software that is one of the best free photo editors anywhere.
- Need a good free burner software? CDBurnerXP works for most jobs I have found
- Also most know about OpenOffice.org that let’s you work on and save stuff in MS Office format.
Lastly a few great web sites that I use when I am on the go all the time.
- The first is LogMeIn. With this I can run my home computer like I am there. My bank does not “freak out” that I am using a strange computer from, say, Sweden as it still thinks I am home.
- I always want MAX MQM’s when I buy a ticket so I ALWAYS check with CWSI net’s calculator to make sure I am not missing some!
- And since web sites seem to be down all the time, this one is a way to find out if it is you or not before you e-mail that there is an issue – downforeveryoneorjustme.
So there you go. I know today does not have much to do with Delta, but we all use our phones and PC’s to work on points and why not do it better with the above. Got some idea of stuff you just LOVE LOVE LOVE and use each day and are so happy you found? Share them with me and DeltaPoints readers please! – Rene
▲Delta▲ SkyMiles® Credit Card
American Express – RESERVE/PLATINUM/GOLD
Click here for more information
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.