Tech

Some updates to the Delta Points deal text alert Beta 2.2 service

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr
Rene’s Points For Better Travel, a division of Chatterbox Entertainment, Inc. has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Rene’s Points For Better Travel and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


I have fixed most of the broken numbers (some I had with AT&T should have been Verizon etc.). Also, this will work for many places around the world. To see the list you can click here to see if your cell company is one I can reach.

90% of you have joined correctly and are showing up and will get the test text tomorrow afternoon. The other 10% are still showing as “request sent”. Some are showing up, I think, on the text “wall” as it seems you have clicked the link, not just texted back the word    YES

So, if you DO NOT see this below on your phone, please send me your number again and your provider to: alert@deltapoints.com

The below will be the first text.

I want to add you as a friend.
Reply YES to accept, NO to decline.
Msg & Data Rates may apply.
Text4FreeOnline.com

Once you text back YES you should get another text that says:

We are now friends, Thanks!
Msg & data rates may apply. Txt Stop to block
Text4FreeOnline.com

If you do not get the 2nd one, you have not joined. Do NOT click the link Text4FreeOnline.com and then type YES. You must TEXT back the word YES to join and be on the bulk list.

Here is what my phone looked like when I joined it.

Thanks everyone for your help and patience while I tweak this to work right. I have never waited more than 1-2 min for a text when testing to my phone and that is one of my main goals with this that you get the info FAST. Tomorrow’s test will include the TIME I am sending the text so you will be able to compare how long it took. Please post on the blog how we did. Again my warm thanks as I want this to work and work well! – René

 

EDIT: Did a test about the SFO-MCI run today and I, who have Sprint, never got it. Some got it 6x times. Sprint users, did you get the text today? How many times? Did everyone else get it 6x times? Thanks – Rene

 

Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
RESERVE/PLATINUM/GOLD
from American Express®
Click here for more information

Share

Join the 1000+ Delta Points daily e-mail subscribers

Rene’s Points For Better Travel, a division of Chatterbox Entertainment, Inc. has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Rene’s Points For Better Travel and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

René de Lambert is a contributing writer and the founder of RenesPoints. He is an avid Delta and SkyTeam flyer who has held Delta’s top Diamond Medallion status for many years and flown millions of miles.

15 Comments

  1. William IV

    I love the text service Rene!! Thanks for doing this!

  2. @William – I love GEEK and I love deals. I hope I can make this work like I want. Txs for be a part of it. Rene

  3. Vincent Fox

    Great thanks Rene. I missed out on SFO-BWI, need a MR or 3 on DL before the end of the year.

  4. I got the SFO-MCI text 6 times today. You still testing?

  5. @Avi – txs – I got it ZERO ( I hate sprint) .. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  6. Verizon never got any today and said I was approved from you yesterday

  7. I’m traveling right now so can’t receive text msgs, how long do I have to confirm?

  8. Hey Rene I got 3 alerts on the SFO-MCI under $200 deal. a glitch?

  9. I didn’t receive the SFO-MCI text at all (ATT). Not sure there are any perfect services though… the free system you used before always worked for me but was bad for others. This one probably has similar issues. But whatever you work out is fine with me — it’s YOUR effort and money going in to this so how can I not be appreciative?

  10. The three SFO-MCI alerts I got Friday were at 5:15pm CDT, 3:58pm, 1:59pm

Write A Comment

BoardingArea