The nice thing about flying our airline often, for fun-work-mileage runs, is it keeps your finger on the pulse of the airline. Delta, according to the CEO, is likely to have its “most profitable year ever” (as Charisse Jones at USA today writes) in terms of income and value to investors of DAL stock. Great!
But is it just me or are more and more things slipping in the past year. Like what?
1) Phone app. I have gone from – LOVE IT – to almost #FAIL and not use it. I had a post about it a while back, some contact with the app team, but if you use Android and have more than say 1 or 2 reservations, just forget about it as it is so slow it makes you want to toss your phone out the window at 32,000 feet!
2) @DeltaAssist. A month does not go by that I don’t laud Delta’s help via twitter. But, as of late, they have not been able to do even simple things for me. Either the rules will not allow that or you have to call. Really? I think if I can book it on DELTA.dumb Delta Assist should be able to do it too? Why did Delta break my favorite Delta Assist this year?
3) “IT”. Most of us have given up on the notion that Delta will ever fix the award calendar. It’s busted, stinks, and Delta seems to like it that way. Recently “your upgrade has been confirmed” e-mails were not going out, but that at long last is working again MJ on Travel confirms. But what about so many other things? Like what? Have you noticed the source for reliable Delta information, Delta.com is lacking on many pages? For example, the Delta status challange page is almost a month expired information?
4) Dirty planes. Is it just me or is Delta being so proud of it’s 99.999999% on-time record (I jest a bit) that it is letting planes fly more and more dirty? Some days I feel like I need to bring my own wet wipes to clean my seat area before I sit down!
5) Pre Flight service. Again, maybe just me, but the consistency of this seems to be lacking more this year. I think it is because all the extra things FA’s need to do before a flight (not really faulting the FA’s more all they must get done, or is this wrong thinking on my part too)?
6) Food. I think Delta (no data at all to back this up) has been putting the hurt on the catering companies as what is being offered is slipping. There have been changes to what is there and they tend to run out of important things at times like “Woodford Reserve“.
Now I don’t want this to be an all bash Delta post; I still love my airline, but feel the focus has been slipping a bit this year. I mean they have been doing a ton right like upgrades to the fleet, baggage handling is doing very well, on-time is nice I must say and even the proactive free changes due to storms from the weather team at ATL has been tops as well as email and phone notifications when issues come up! I also think all the Delta “people” seem very happy and enjoying the company and all of us. The good does to me outweigh the bad and maybe I am alone in what I am seeing – or am I? You tell me – René
PS – btw, if you click on hashtag #delta on twitter
it takes you to the Delta complaint link! 🙂
▲Delta▲ SkyMiles® Credit Card
from American Express®
Click here for more information
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.