I am sure if you were flying in or out of the NYC area today you had a bit of bumpy ride and some delays. This has been an interesting summer of travel so far (i.e. weather wise). I also wanted to catch up on some goings on you may want to know about before some of them run out.
- The Southwest Air 50,000 point bonus on 4 cards! All reports are saying that this bonus offer will be over on AUGUST 6th so if you have a new round of cards you are going for you may want to look at this one if you have not had all 4 before.
- Delta is going to start flying back and forth all day long between LAX and SFO that is Los Angles and San Francisco! Maybe Delta Points west coast readers can chime in if this is needed and a good idea for Delta. The perks for this little flight sure sound nice. I wish all the short flights on Delta were this good (notice no #SkunkyGate they are pouring good beer)! 🙂
- I am always on a diet. I am really trying this year to drop 20-30 pounds. Slow and steady, a few pounds a week so far so I will do my best. But, for readers who are larger, did you know you can order your OWN almost universal seat belt extender so you don’t have to ask for one or ask for the 1 seat with a longer belt. Who knew right?
- The Florida to Alaska mileage run, bookable 2x one way fares, is still alive and kicking. To pick up 10,000 MQMs for around $400 and do it in 2 days is impressive. I have looked up and down how I could do this trip but I have all the flying I can stand booked for the next six months.
- Also BIG NEWS, BoardingArea is getting new bloggers on-board soon. Some names you will know and some maybe not. One of the blogs I have looked at for a long time due to his unique posting style and places he goes (plus he is a Mr. Mom and I think that is just kool) is Michael W. Travels. Welcome to BA Michael!
▲Delta▲ SkyMiles® Credit Card
from American Express®
Click here for more information