I don’t know about you but I am dizzy from all the Delta goings on this month. I know, like hurricane season, this time of the year we all batten down the hatches and figuratively spray paint on the outside of our Skymiles cards – GO AWAY ENHANCEMENTS!
But enough of my musings. Let’s get on with the news. Just what has been going on?
- Skywest, a regional partner with Delta, is opening a maintenance facility at my home town airport SBN. Good news, more jobs. It seems like SBN is a great place for CRJ200s – I am going to cry!
- Delta has yet another 50,000 point targeted transcon promotion. Surprise surprise – I got a rock. I bet you get a rock. But why not try if you are going to fly a Delta transcon soon.
- I am sure you saw the news that DAL the stock is joining the S&P500 index and the stock price has been up strongly as of late.
- Delta is spending some PR money on the Seahawks. With all the west-coast-love as of late why not spread some around on the NFL!
- Delta is growing. We know that since they are now buying 40 brand new shiny airbus A330s but we will not get to ride on them until 2015!
- Since you need some trained pilots to fly the growing fleet of Delta birds, Delta is also hiring 300 new pilots!
- Hummm is Delta really one of the least respected brands in America? We know they are the hardest of ANY airline to find low level seats but is that enough to warrant this bashing?
- Considering how much I am in and out of MKE as of last I am most happy that they have said TSA pre will be up and running by month end. This plus 59 other locations are on tap soon!
- We all found out Delta FA’s now have new Microsoft Windows 8 OS Nokia phones that can make Skymiles. I love anything that can make Skymiles – don’t you!
- I personally will never invest in airline stocks, I am just not that brave, but a good overview of what Delta has been thinking and expanding as of late.
- And you thought MQDs were bad? Be very afraid, very very afraid!
Phew. I will be happy when September is over, how about you. I am also really looking forward to meeting a bunch of readers soon at the Chicago Seminars in the beginning of October. It is such a good time and a wealth of knowledge each year. Hope to see you there! – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.