If you are going to charge a TON more for club access, you had better have a product to match it when so many others, often right across from you at your biggest hub, has a much better experience for less money.
Well as you can see from the official PR release point for Delta Air Lines (i.e. FlyerTalk since it is NOT out on the official news site however they are also sending an e-Mail blast as well) , Delta is testing lots of new “complimentary” stuff including:
“Test products and services include:
– More food options, including pancakes and upgraded bagels for breakfast; sandwiches and hot soups mid-day; and hors d’oeuvres, antipasti and desert choices in the evening.
– Nourishing snack choices, including energy bars, fresh fruit, popcorn, nuts and smoothies.
– Select complimentary services, including shoe shines, manicures and relaxing chair massages — perfect for a busy day of travel.
In addition, based on your feedback, we will immediately upgrade the current complimentary vodka offered across all Clubs to Finlandia Vodka.
– Atlanta A17 and Concourse F
– Detroit Central (across from A-38)
– LaGuardia Terminal D
– Los Angeles
– Miami, Indianapolis, Raleigh-Durham and Dallas-Fort Worth Clubs will participate in a smaller-scale program” – DLCorpGal – FlyerTalk
Now keep in mind all of this is being financed by the +1 $29 fee starting 1MAY2014 but if most of these stick it will be a real UPGRADE to the clubs. I love getting a chair massage and frequent the XpressSpa’s often when I fly so this would be great but I bet the waiting list is going to be VERY long. The food options look very good.
What do you think. Does this make it worth it to you to pay $175 more for a 2nd Delta AMEX Reserve card for your +1 or to pay the full fee to have guest access for the club? – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.