February, for being a short month, has been packed after January’s news update! The new “goodies” in the Skyclubs have been well recieved by those who have tested them so far; I look forward to a sample myself soon too. I am done with my MQD exempt spending (ahead of my goal btw) now and can turn to focus on building up my MQMs and maybe a mileage run or two soon – gotta build up my totals for 2016 now 😉 But what has caught my eye this month with our Delta and aviation in general? Let’s take a look.
- Washington state flyers can get 2x MQMs and RDMs from SEA.
- Traffic was down slightly for ATL in 2013
- Can DAL stock keep going up?
- What about Alaska insider selling stock?
- Delta expects Trainer refinery to post modest profit in Q1 this year
- Skywest has too many CRJs 50 seat jets it seems under contract
- Do know how many aircraft get hit by lasers each year?
- Delta gives NYC ground workers a raise!
- Delta is outsourcing DTW ground crews
- The “fun” continues with Paulding County airport idea vs Delta
- Skyteam Aeromexico Reports 71.8% Increase In Operating Income
- “3rd world” LaGuardia may get $27.6 billion capital spending
- Is your pilot too sleepy to fly?
- KLM 2013 Freddie winner wants you to vote again this year
- Delta folks got their share of $506 million in profit sharing
March will start the “official” 2014 medallion year. I think it will be interesting to see if many who “said” they will leave Delta have and what the upgrade lists look like then. The no upgrades for JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX will begin sadly and that impact will be interesting to say the least. Just buckle your seat belt and enjoy the bumpy ride kids – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.