February, for being a short month, has been packed after January’s news update! The new “goodies” in the Skyclubs have been well recieved by those who have tested them so far; I look forward to a sample myself soon too. I am done with my MQD exempt spending (ahead of my goal btw) now and can turn to focus on building up my MQMs and maybe a mileage run or two soon – gotta build up my totals for 2016 now 😉 But what has caught my eye this month with our Delta and aviation in general? Let’s take a look.
- Washington state flyers can get 2x MQMs and RDMs from SEA.
- Traffic was down slightly for ATL in 2013
- Can DAL stock keep going up?
- What about Alaska insider selling stock?
- Delta expects Trainer refinery to post modest profit in Q1 this year
- Skywest has too many CRJs 50 seat jets it seems under contract
- Do know how many aircraft get hit by lasers each year?
- Delta gives NYC ground workers a raise!
- Delta is outsourcing DTW ground crews
- The “fun” continues with Paulding County airport idea vs Delta
- Skyteam Aeromexico Reports 71.8% Increase In Operating Income
- “3rd world” LaGuardia may get $27.6 billion capital spending
- Is your pilot too sleepy to fly?
- KLM 2013 Freddie winner wants you to vote again this year
- Delta folks got their share of $506 million in profit sharing
March will start the “official” 2014 medallion year. I think it will be interesting to see if many who “said” they will leave Delta have and what the upgrade lists look like then. The no upgrades for JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX will begin sadly and that impact will be interesting to say the least. Just buckle your seat belt and enjoy the bumpy ride kids – René