As TSA PreCheck expands more and more next year we, that is those who have had it for a while and know the system, are running into more and more travelers who just don’t have a clue what is going on. There are the same ones who don’t have clue in the normal security lines, but they take forever anyway so not that big a deal. It is a big deal in the “fast line”.
So, along the lines of Jeff Foxworthy’s bit about, “You might be a redneck if”, I have my own list that seems to keep growing and you can feel free to add ones YOU HAVE SEEN for yourself in the comments below.
Thus, “You should not be using PreCheck if…”
- You leave your cell phone in your pocket.
- You hold your hands above your head when you walk through the metal detector.
- You constantly bump the sides of the metal detector when walking through.
- You forget you are still wearing your backpack.
- You take your laptop out of your bag looking for a “big tray”.
- You have a WWF large metal belt buckle.
- You have to ask what “those 3 beeps mean”.
- You have enough metal in your shoes / boots to make a 29 Chevy.
- You try to walk through with a metal thermos full of soup.
- Not anti-family here, but 12 bags, stroller & baby maybe not best suited for PreCheck.
- You forget you have a 1 liter water bottle in your bag.
- You happen to leave your loaded firearm in your bag.
- You have a 5 min conversation with TSA about PreCheck rather than just using it.
- You reassemble yourself blocking the belt and others when exiting.
And really I could go on and on and on but it will be more fun for you to share. So tell me, what have you personally seen in the TSA PreCheck line that makes your head almost literally explode while waiting to breeze through security? – René