NO Rookie Wednesday this week – this week Rookie Wednesday is this post, it is TOO important to wait. WE MUST ACT AND ACT NOW! A CALL TO ACTION! E-Mail Delta TODAY!
The more I think about this the more upset I get. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, just seems to be taking every devaluation and destruction of the program step by step. This latest one is, to me, the WORST that has happened in 20 years. This one is completely DEVASTATING to me and I hope all who read Delta Points will PLEASE, I beg you dear reader, take the time to e-mail and complain to Delta that this is a GAME CHANGER and will change your feelings and loyalty to Delta (and more importantly how you spend your dollars as that is all they really care about)!
I can tell you I have so many cherished memories of stopovers in Paris, Rome, Amsterdam and more on award tickets. They are memories I love and make me think fondly of Delta that helped give them to me from my hard work to earn Skymiles. I will never have those memories again – thanks Delta, why don’t you kick my dog too?
I am angry beyond measure. This is intolerable. A reader asked me why not go to American after this change? I have no answer after this last enhancement of the Skymiels2015 program.
All I can do is perhaps come up with a list of all the changes we have had to endure over the past few years and you tell me if “Delta always has our back”? Here we go and in order of importance to me (see if you agree)!
1) End of Stopover (& Open Jaws)
2) 2015 Revenue Based Program
3) SDC Same Day Change 1, 2 3 & 4
4) Expert Flyer removal
5) Devaluation of Skymiles again and again
6) Skyclub $29 +1 upcharge for DM & Delta Reserve
7) E-Class fares no upgrade & other perks
8) Silver Medallion perk reductions
9) MQDs or qualifying dollars
10) Removing transcon upgrade for GM & FO
11) Removing Award wallet real-time tracking (for seat changes)
12) No more award HOLDs (for a few days)
13) T-72 Rule for Skymiles re-deposit
14) Removing elite gifts for both the year you earn and the next year status
15) No more HOOU snack option
16) End of RTW or Round The World award tickets
17) Consolidator fares including for AMEX Travel
18) Limited food vouchers when bumped
19) All but eliminating Skyteam award choices
20) Less access to International third party lounges
21) Delta DieMiles – when you die so do your Skymiles
22) End to combining vouchers on one ticket
23) Reduction in point transfers from partners
24) No Korean credit unless DL-CODE Share
25) Reduced points when crediting to Alaska Airlines
26) End of Have one on Us coupons for elites
This is quite a list and I may have forgotten a few as the devaluations have been so fast and furious as of late that it is hard to keep up and keep track of all that has been inflicted upon us. But the worst of all these is the END OF STOPOVERS! This truly was one of the most valuable features of Skymiles that is now OVER!
Bottom line is at some point we have to draw the line. To me, this latest change is the last straw and I think, seeing readers comments, it is the last straw for many others as well. This “enhancement” can not be allowed to stand. I will promise you I will blog about this every week at least once and tweet this every day until there is a change again. This is the line in the sand for me. Is it for you? Are you going to just sit by and let this stand or will you contact Delta and tell them to BRING BACK STOPOVERS for award tickets? – René
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.