[This offer has expired]
The official word I have from the reps I have talked to is, as confusing as it sounds, for the personal Delta cards all three are considered the same “family” of cards, that is, if you have one you can not get the bonus for the others. But, for the Delta AMEX business cards, each card is it’s own so you could get and hold more than one of them AND get the bonus for each.
More interesting information. If you have a “clean” browser, that is one that you have simply cleared your CACHE (link how to do this from IU) and you pull up the current Delta AMEX personal card offer you see the screen shot above with the offer. But, if you have logged in to your current AMEX account and then click on the offer you see a page like this:
So that also supports what I have been told officially by AMEX folks. But what about the reality of the situation since we only have a little over 10 days to get the current large bonus offer for new card members. Notice what reader “William” commented today on the blog:
“I am happy to report that the sign-up bonus for my Platinum card has just posted, even though I already have the Gold card.
I wonder if Amex now considers the personal Delta cards to be separate products again, or if they just made an exception for this promotion. 75% of the agents I spoke to (including a supervisor) told me that this is indeed the case. The other 25% told me the opposite (those calls went to centers in India, so I take their word with a grain of salt).
If true, this is obviously great news for anyone who was hesitant to sign up for a new card because they already have a Delta card.”
Very interesting information indeed, William. So can we then say YES you can, if you have the Delta AMEX Gold card now get the bonus for the Delta AMEX Platinum card and the other way around? I think I will simply stick to what I have been saying all along – MAYBE!
The reps may tell you yes or no, as we can see, and then you may get the points or you may not get the points. I guess my personal take is the offer is SO GOOD that it is worth trying if you need either a large chunk of SkyMiles or a large chunk of MQMs to get to your goal.
Have you gone for either offer this month and already have some kind of Delta personal card? – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.