My aunt died from breast cancer. I think of her often and miss her so much. The memories I have with my aunt Ulla in Sweden are priceless to me. She fought hard and survived longer than anyone suggested she would. She was a strong, brave and inspiring woman.
Delta Air Lines is a strong supporter of breast cancer research. They have, as you can see, a jet painted PINK and call it ‘Breast Cancer One’. I have seen it a number of times in my travels as a Delta Diamond Medallion. I have never been on the jet, let alone had the chance to fly the annual “employee survivor flight”. But look at this opportunity you have with SkyMiles Experiences:
There are 3 different auctions and no one has bid on any of them yet (at the time of this post going live that is)! But time is running out on these auctions and they truly are a once in a lifetime opportunity to do something amazing. Not just the flight but look at what you get for the package:
“This is an exclusive opportunity of a lifetime to participate in Delta’s ‘Breast Cancer One’ employee survivor flight. This auction package includes:
- Flight for two (2) people from your home airport (in the United States only) to New York-JFK on Wednesday, September 30th
- Hotel accommodations (one room) on the evening of Wednesday, September 30th in New York City, checking out the morning of Thursday, October 1st, 2015
- Two (2) seats on the Breast Cancer One flight, departing New York-JFK on Thursday, October 1st, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. for Mexico City
- Spots for two (2) to participate in Delta-hosted receptions in JFK and Mexico City, survivor dinner in Mexico City, activities and cultural experiences for winner and their guest in Mexico City
- Hotel accommodations (one room) in Mexico City for two (2) nights, checking in Thursday, October 1st, 2015 and checking out Saturday, October 3rd, 2015
- Flight for two (2) people from Mexico City to your home airport (in the United States only) on Saturday, October 3rd”
WoW! And wow again. This would be such an emotional and stunning experience. I would love to be a part of it as I am sure anyone would be. I applaud Delta for offering this chance to SkyMiles members.
Beyond that, in October Delta will have many other chances for you to support their annual effort to raise funds to fight breast cancer on-board, at Skyclubs and so on. I always pitch in and I hope you will too – Rene
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.