I can see these new disgusting, ultra Keep Descending worthy, C+ changes from Delta that have rolled out today are going to take a long series of posts and I will update the list as we go:
- Fare changes coming to Delta! Comfort+ fares launch on 14NOV15
- Preparing for Delta C+ fare class roll-out & medallion “enhancements”
- Delta WHACKS Medallion C+ perks & 40% LEVEL 1 award upcharge!
- Delta C+ auto-upgrade sends Delta Diamond Medallion to CENTER SEAT!
- The Delta upgrade elite’s want to “JUST SAY NO” to. Avoid Delta Comfort+
- Delta could “save” many HVC Delta Diamonds with one change!
One of the biggest impacts is the ability of elites, even TOP elites, to choose C+ seats for those traveling with them. Apparently Delta is not a fan of families. Let me re-phrase that, Delta is a fan of CHARGING families much more than just a couple as you will be paying for C+ for more than just a +1. But wait, there is more!
As a Diamond or Platinum you can still instantly get auto-upgraded for free to C+ since it is no longer free during booking as you can see. Elites can still choose exit row (thankfully) at least. Then, once your booking is complete:
You can then go into your reservation and take a look at “Request Upgrade”:
You then have the choice to, if you want, select a 1st class upgrade (Yes, you MUST choose it now, no longer automatic) as well as if you do want a C+ upgrade.
Then it will be auto-processed. Now please understand I have an aisle seat selected in my “MY DELTA” profile but Delta computers auto upgraded me, with most of the seats in C+ empty on this flight, to a middle seat! Joy! I could afterward move for free to another seat that was open.
This is just one of the many new “enhancements” we now have from our beloved Delta. If there are ONLY center C+ seats open, and you do not want to risk being put in one, be sure you leave the box unchecked in your flight preferences! – René