Do you realize we are only a few short weeks away from changing our clocks forward when DST or Dayling Savings Time begins? And then a few days later we have the first day of spring! I cannot wait to get my golf clubs out and see how bad my game has suffered over the winter.
OK interesting but what has been going on in the past few weeks in the news in “Delta Land” and what other travel stories caught my attention. Let’s take a look.
- Atlanta may dump the TSA and hire a private firm to run security unless the TSA improves screening times.
- Delta is not happy about the new slots from Japan but AA and UA are. Delta hates competition and especially from carriers that have real 1st class seats (Delta One is just business class btw).
- A nursing mom is treated to empty first class seats (twice). Wait, what? Delta flew with empty 1st class seats (twice)?
- Delta is playing games with share buy backs. Shocker – #SaidNoOne! They say it is going toward the pension plan. Er, what? Delta has a pension plan? I thought they dumped that under bankruptcy?
- Delta ended 2015 as #3 for on-time performance behind Alaska Air but ahead of AA & UA.
- Delta PR teams have been in overdrive to push some new on-board eats from NYC area. That is all good and dandy but how about you fix the no food on long flights from 2-4PM. Now THAT would be PR worthy news to me!
- The maniac who killed six people in Kalamazoo was an UBER driver. And, he drove UBER between the killings. Ugg.
- I am sure everyone saw that two Delta FA’s got into a fight that resulted in a flight diversion to Salt Lake and new crew brought on-board. I just have no words over this one. Delta has said they are sorry for the employees’ actions.
- It seems some “money folks” are not so sure DAL stock will #KeepClimbing. I am personally shocked, with the utter destruction of loyalty, that DAL is still trading in the $40 range. NOTE: I hold no DAL stock nor do I plan to buy any.
- I don’t have a link on this one but keep in mind that 1MARCH Delta and the Delta pilots will be meeting to talk contracts. I hope Delta yields a bit on its arrogant attitude toward these hard working men and women who deserve to be rewarded for all the cuts they took during the lean years! Keep in mind their pay is well below what it was pre-bankruptcy.
- Oh look, Delta’s new CEO Mr. Ed has picked up a new condo in Florida. Looks like a nice place for 7.3 million bucks. Good Delta is rewarding the top MGT for all they do.
- Delta is cutting more jobs for CVG. Looks like CVG is going the way of MSP more and more each day. Even though they deny it I think this will mean more and more ATL connections for us all very soon.
- With oil prices down down down, Delta in 2016 has raised prices twice (and the other airlines matched them quickly as well).
So those are the headlines for this month that got my attention. I will be flying Delta a bunch this week so be sure to say “HI” if you see me onboard or in a Sky Club. You can follow where I am in route on twitter as well. – René