It is good to be a Delta Diamond. Delta REALLY takes care of those who reach this top tier of elite status (well there is Delta360 but that requires a TON of spending). Think about all the perks & choices:
- Ability to select Sky Club membership (individual)
- Ability to select Global Upgrade certs worth thousands each
- Able to select Diamond & Platinum Choice Benefits
- Best shot at upgrades (soon to include your +1)
- Unlimited SkyMiles ticket re-deposit (up to 72 hours)
- A bunch of fees waived with Delta and Skyteam
- Boarding with 1st class even when in coach
And on and on. OK so we know it is great. We know it is impressive. We also know it is WAY out of reach for most. Really? Maybe not. When I fly I run into many who are Gold or Platinum and they say I never fly enough to make it all the way to Diamond. This current month provides an opportunity for you.
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express <—LINK
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express <—LINK
The current doubled (vs. standard) Delta AMEX Platinum card MQM bonus could be just what you need to push you over the top. Look at the math. You pick up (if you have never had them before) both a personal and business Delta AMEX Platinum card and start by meeting the minimum spend on each card. Then do more:
- New card bonus two cards 10,000+10,000 = 20,000 MQM
- Spend $50,000 on personal card = 20,000 MQM bonus
- Spend $50,000 on business card = 20,000 MQM bonus
- Total MQMs earned on two cards 60,000!
Now if you simply look at this post from the beginning of the year you will see that, with some work, meeting such a LARGE spend threshold is not impossible. Not just that, there are many folks who have large spend requirement for their business or paying taxes and on and on. Even though the spending must EACH YEAR be completed by 31DEC it is possible for many of you. This means, with the 60,000 bonus MQMs you would “only” need to fly 65,000 MQMs to reach Diamond Medallion status. You would have it for the rest of this year and all of 2017 and it would end 1FEB2018.
Others may look at this as the opportunity to rise from Silver or Gold to Platinum for the first time ever. Platinum is the lowest level I ever want to have because with such a massive stash of un-spent SkyMiles having the ability (like Diamonds) to change SkyMiles tickets for free all I want as much as I want is priceless to me. I can tell you, and have blogged about this before, that there is rarely ever a SkyMiles ticket I book that I don’t in some way make changes to. It may be that I find a cheaper price and change free. It may be I back up a day or find better times and so on. The bottom line is, following the idea above, you only need to fly 15,000 more miles with Delta to be Platinum Medallion. Impressive.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express <— Link
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express <— Link
Lastly we have those who are simply in need of more SkyMiles. Many of you may have already held the personal Delta AMEX Gold card. It may have been the first card you ever held with Delta for all the perks and waived bag fees etc. But I am guessing few of you have held before the Delta AMEX Gold business card. The current 50,000 bonus point offer after spend is a great way to get you those bonus SkyMiles you may need for some trip you have been planning for. Congrats for waiting for this time to go for this card. – Rene