Saturday, July 16, 2016 by John @laptoptravel
We are seeing a continuing attack fare by Delta Air Lines on United Airlines’ hubs and this means great opportunities to fly to Dublin, Ireland from San Francisco’s Airport. Delta seems to be offering this great deal to Dublin (and somewhat higher, yet competitive fares) and other European airports.
I just posted a couple of days ago a great attack fare from Phoenix to both of Tokyo’s (Narita and Haneda) airports as they were targeting American Airlines’ routes. Plus, this becomes a Vacation Run in that you can stay as little as one day and night and fly back.
Re-positioning should be really easy right now in several ways;
Delta is having an award sale for as little as 5,000 SkyMiles round-trip as well San Francisco is reached cheaply by many airports on the West Coast.
Now, I was able to make this work directly through Delta’s website. I would suggest you put in SFO to DUB and select Flexible Travel days and select the ‘5 Weeks’ option, starting with August 14th. You can search between August 14th and March 29th for available dates on these fares. A minimum 6-night stay is required, although I found some 2 night stays for around $498.
Using this strategy you should find a good range of departure and return dates as well as routes that should work for you. Another great thing about this Mileage Run is it is a ‘Pay With Miles’ eligible fare, so you could ‘buy down’ the fare even more with your SkyMiles and still earn MQM’s!
You also could opt to credit this flight to your Alaska Airlines MileagePlan and earn redeemable miles at the rate of 1 miles per 2 flown on Delta, which is a lot more than Delta will credit your SkyMiles account.
- Delta will give you 11,843 MQM’s and 1,335 Redeemable Miles (based on 5X base fare, more based on your Medallion status)
- Alaska would give you 11,843 Elite Miles and 5,922 Redeemable Miles (Minimums, could be higher if you have Elite status with Alaska Airlines)
Anyway here are the numbers:
MQM’s: 11,843 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQM’s)
Fare: $368 (Pay With Miles Eligible)
Cost: 3.10 Cents Per Medallion Qualification Mile (CPM)
This is a route and a fare I would be a buyer of and you could use this as a connection to visit the European continent.
- Will you be taking advantage of this latest ‘Attack Fare’ by Delta?
- If so, will you credit to your SkyMiles or MileagePlan account?
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Get SIX $400 Mileage Runs for $94 each. Here is how!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.