Normally I am not a fan of spending your SkyMiles on anything but flights and if possible international flights in Delta One or business class. That, most times, is getting max value for each and every point you earn. There are, however, exceptions to this rule. I had the chance to pull a Delta jet with a rope. A once in a lifetime experience and for a great cause. Well worth the SkyMiles.
Another neat thing Delta does each year to fight Cancer is in the month of October taking donations and selling pink lemonade and more. My mom’s sisters lost her battle with cancer and I miss her so much. She had a huge impact on the person I am today. But enough about me. Delta has an amazing chance for you to take part in the Breast Cancer One Survivor Flight and it seems few are bidding on the packages and the auction ends on the 15th. Take a look:
- Flight for two (2) people from your home airport (in the United States only) to New York-JFK on Monday, September 26, 2016
- Hotel accommodations (one room) on the evening of Monday, September 26th in New York, checking out the morning of Tuesday, September 27, 2016
- Two (2) seats on the Breast Cancer One flight, departing New York-JFK on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 10:00A.M. EST to Los Angeles
- Spots for two (2) to participate in Delta-hosted receptions and activities in JFK and Los Angeles and a survivor dinner in Los Angeles for winner and their guest in Los Angeles
- Hotel accommodations (one room) in Los Angeles for one (1) night, checking in Tuesday, September 27, 2016 and check-out Wednesday, September 28, 2016
- Flight for two (2) people from Los Angeles to your home airport (in the United States only) on Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Again, this would be a once in a lifetime experience if you or someone close to you have been touched by Cancer.
The next one is for you golf fans. While not an amazing value, it is a step above just buying tickets to the practice rounds if you live near MSP. Take a look as there are a number of packages and bidding ends tomorrow the 14th to attend practice rounds at the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine:
“The level of demand for 2016 Ryder Cup tickets was at an all-time high and far exceeded our supply,” said Jeff Hintz, Ryder Cup director. “High ticket demand is indicative of how special the Ryder Cup is. While there, take in the Ryder Cup action at Delta’s premium chalet on-site at Hazeltine National Golf Club. This exclusive hospitality venue will be located in the Payne Stewart Village along the fairway of what promises to be a pivotal 16th Hole. Each ticket provides access to the grounds at Hazeltine along with private access to Delta’s all-inclusive hospitality chalet offering complimentary food and beverage.
This listing includes: Two (2) Practice Round Tickets for Tuesday, September, 27, 2016 at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, MN
So in addition to the tickets you are going to enjoy food and drinks! Will this mean adult drinks? Maybe. It has when I have done the SPG PGA events year after year and enjoying a hospitality chalet makes these kinds of events that much more fun. If I lived in the Minneapolis area you had better believe I would plunk down 10k SkyMiles to go (maybe even as much as 15k max).
Anyway, I wanted to share these two auctions as the value is quite good at least at the current price levels and they both end over the next few days! – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.