Time to look at a few headlines that caught my attention this past week as 2016 draws to a close with a few comments as well.
- The NYTs says: “Smaller Bathrooms on Planes Pose Challenges for Passengers“. If you have ever been onboard a Delta 737-900er you will understand this fact. It is so bad I often tease FAs that we should stand outside to use it (not so easy if you are a girl, clearly).
- The Motley Fool asks: “Will Delta Air Lines, Inc.’s Widebody Fleet Renewal Boost Earnings?” A good question. Fuel prices are going up. If you have not noticed ticket prices to Europe have been going down (a cash cow area for $DAL). While I never buy/sell airlines stocks ever I would not be during 2017.
- Reuters states: “Delta Air to sell gasoline and diesel as losses at its refinery climb“. Interesting. Delta has maintained it is better to keep jet fuel down rather than worry about gas production (and sales).
- The Washington Post reports: “A black doctor barred from helping on a flight gets an apology — and triggers a policy change“. It is a shame the YouTube fakers got all the headlines this week rather than this positive change Delta has made and would have been front and center. #KeepClimbing Delta and well done.
- The Local.se says: “Sweden set to reverse controversial ‘drone ban‘“. I do not own a drone, but I do own a GoPro. I want to get a small one and learn to fly it and get shots of my family’s summer place. I hope I am allowed to do it by this summer or at least do it without fear of negative repercussions.
- USA Today tells us: “DOT fines American Airlines $1.6M for tarmac delays“. When are airlines going to learn it is just NOT OK to let us sit on planes for 3+ hours and not go back to the terminal. This is one of the few things that would make me really crazy if Delta happened to do it to me.
- Lastly, ABC News in Detroit WXYZ informs us: “Woman dragged off Delta flight at Metro Airport is assistant professor at University of Michigan“. So now we know a lot more about this woman who was in the viral video I first posted here on the blog that has gone on to be seen almost (as of today) 2.2 Million times.
Have there been other Delta and travel related stories that have caught your attention over the past few weeks that we all should know about? If so comment below on the blog and include a link to the story please! – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.