Hopefully, as you read this, I am most of the way to SXM and will be enjoying a few days of total AVgeek-ness as well as a rum punch or two on the beach. Then again, getting to St. Maarten has not been easy due to the joys of a winter storm in the heart of DeltaLand! We shall see if I make it as planned. Be sure to follow me on @RenesPoints on twitter to follow along with my weekend adventures in travel. On to some news bits that you may have missed over the past week or so:
- Lighting the Way Toward Seamless Pickups with Uber Beacon. – I like this idea from UBER and at the airport when many are requesting an UBER it can get confusing. Anyone tried it yet?
- Tons of photos of the CS100/300. – A reader sent me this link. It is not exactly a new piece but I had not seen all these shots of the jet we are all looking forward to so maybe you missed it too.
- Long-time coming: Southwest lands in Cincinnati. – Good! Maybe CVG flyers will see Delta lower some prices with more competition. Who knows, maybe even add a few more flights they have taken away.
- Passengers furious as Ryanair flight from Sweden delayed by 24 hours. – OUCH! I hate winter weather. Now how an airline handles weather issues says a lot as well.
- Delta reveals the dishes you should eat on a plane. – Interesting. I always say Delta, out of all the majors, does 500 MPH food best. They #KeepClimbing here and I like it!
- Delta Air Lines Latest Company Hit With 401(k) Class Action. – Wish SkyMiles members could do this when Delta devalues our points again and again. Ah well.
So those where the stories that I saved and wanted to share with you. Were there any others that caught your eye? Please comment below and include the link to the article. – René