If you are a regular blog reader you know that I could (and maybe should) put up a post every single Sunday for readers to please check their Delta flights to see what SCS (Schedule Change Saturday) has brought us this week. Some weeks are worse than others and this is just such a week. First, if you are new to this weekly practice from Delta, see these posts for more background info:
- Delta, you are “startin’ to damage my calm” with all these schedule / equipment changes & NO NOTICE AT ALL!
As you can see from my screen shot at the top of this post for a flight in 2018 the change this week is impacting flights, not just over the next few months, well into next year. I don’t think even with a Porsche ride gate-2-gate I will be able to make the connection Delta has changed me to. 😉
Bottom line is what this and every such SCS means for you and me is that we need to:
- Check each and every flight. Delta does not always tell you they are changing things
- Check your connections. They may be “illegal” and you will (could) miss-connect.
- Check your seats. Delta may have moved you from your “perfect” seat.
- Check your aircraft type. You may have been downgraded to a jet you don’t like.
- Check partner connections. Like mine you may land after the other flight departs.
Please even go as far as to check that Delta did not simply cancel a last leg of your flight and now you are only flying half way to your destination (yes, it does happen folks)! There can be times Delta decides to no longer fly to where you are going and then your choices suddenly are very limited and you just hope a partner still goes where you need to go.
I know with almost 20 trips on the way with Delta this year and next I will be spending hours today on the phone with the Medallion line. – René
HT: PointsLounge on twitter