When it rains Delta hold times can become long. When Delta has IT meltdown issues the hold times can become REALLY long (like 10+ hours or more). They do offer a call back service so you don’t lose your place in line but even that can take many hours during times when things are really going badly with Delta.
So what are ways to get faster or even almost immediate service? There are a number of ways.
- Via Skype call Delta International support. This one requires, unless you are willing to pay international calling rates, to have Skype or something to all the Asian support lines. They are often well trained and can help with most issues. Don’t worry about language, they all speak English.
- Call the Gold Medallion elite line. The Gold Medallion elite number is 800-325-1551. Now if you put in your SkyMiles number, and you are not an elite, you will get routed to the normal line. However, if you just put in a few random numbers then hit #, you will after a few tries get dumped into the elite queue. When the rep comes to the line just give them your reservation number and tell them your issue. They are unlikely to hang up on you just because you are NOT a Gold elite member.
- Twitter, that is @Delta (was @DeltaAssist). When there are hour long wait times you need to try twitter. You may not use twitter or know how to tweet buy you need to learn. Seriously. Twitter Delta folks can fix so much and much faster than phone support when things go wrong. Try it – you will like it.
- Go to the airport. I don’t know how far away you are from your hometown airport but it may be worth the drive. Or, depending on what hotel you are staying at, take the shuttle to the airport if phone hold times are many many hours long. You may still have to wait an hour in line at the airport but maybe better than just sitting in your room waiting?
- Sky Club (if at airport). This is one of those few times it may be worth paying the totally ridiculous fee to enter the Sky Club just to get support help. Waiting can make you crazy. At least waiting in a club with drinks and perks with a much shorter support line (than the masses in the concourse below) may be just the ticket.
These to me are the best choices for help when the phone lines fail you or are so long that you are unlikely to get help before it is too late (i.e. your flight will already have departed or whatever your situation is). Next time you are stuck, try them and let me know if it saved you a ton of time as well! – René