Considering the above let’s look at 15 reasons why now, before this limited time offer ends, is the time to go for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express <-LINK
- 70,000 bonus points (after spend). For some reason so many do NOT go for business card offers. This is a mega mistake and you are leaving not just a ton of points on the table you could be enjoying, but much more as you will see below.
- This is a unique card product. I would venture to say you have never had this card and that means you are eligible for the 1x lifetime new card bonus. Even if you have, or have had in the past, the personal Delta Amex Platinum card you are eligible for this new card bonus.
- 10000 MQMs help elites this year. If you are working to reach Silver, Gold, Platinum or Diamond Medallion status, 5000 bonus MQMs could be just what you need.
- 20,000 bonus SkyMiles and MQMs via $50,000 spend by 31 DEC. If you can, one way or another, spend $50,000 by the end of this year you are going to enjoy both 20,000 SkyMiles as well as 20,000 more MQMs to help you with your elite goals!
- MQD Silver, Gold & Platinum MQD waiver with $25,000 spend. To earn elite status it requires flying long distances called MQM or Medallion Qualifying Miles but also it takes mega spending on Delta tickets. If you can spend, before 31 DEC, $25,000 on this card you are exempt from that part of the elite equation this year.
- $25,000 spend Medallions Upgrade tiebreaker. Do you like more upgrades? In addition to being MQD exempt up to Platinum Medallion, all elite levels get a better shot at free upgrades and if they have during the year spent $25,000 on their Delta Amex card(s), that will improve their chances.
- CLEAR security discount. Do you remember “back in the day” when no one had TSA PreCheck and those lines were fast? Yeah, me too. But with CLEAR you are as fast as PreCheck once was!
- Bogo cert year two. You will have to wait for a while on this sweet perk but next year, when your next non-waived annual fee bills you will get a Bogo or Buy One Get One free cert for coach Delta travel (see E22). Oh, and now you can even have the shot at a medallion complimentary upgrade for you and your +1 when flying these certs (so chose the day to fly wisely)!
- $100 back as a travel credit. Yes, it stinks that the 1st year $195 card fee is not waived on this card, but you do get $100 back when you spend literally anything on Delta. Even a $2.00 set of headphones onboard will trigger the FULL $100 credit. Not flying soon? Buying a $50 Delta e-Gift card will also trigger the FULL $100 credit. Thus your net out of pocket 1st year fee is really just $95. Not bad.
- PWM or Pay With Miles. This is an amazing perk of Delta Amex cards. You can spend your Delta miles at 1 cent value and you will earn MQMs for the tickets you buy spending SkyMiles this way. For those chasing Delta elite status this is a mega perk to enjoy!
- Amex Offers to You. I had a reader comment that he never gets any “good” offers to save mega bucks. You know what, it could be because you do not have BUSINESS Amex cards. The most money I have made on these offers over the years have come from business cards. #AreWeLearningYetKids? #TimeToWakeUp!
- Zone 1 boarding. OK I get that Zone 1 sounds great but it really is Group 4. But boarding in a zone that Delta does not force you to check your carry-on is sweet. That is the reality of travel in 2018. You need to be in, at least, Zone 1. Oh and btw even BASIC E class fares when you have this card gets you Zone 1 boarding! #Winning!
- 9 Free bags – that is up to 9 people flying with you on the same reservation can ALL get 1 free bag if you hold this card. I hate bag fees (along with any other junk fee) and this is one way to avoid at least one of them.
- 20% discount onboard. Food and drink onboard is not cheap but when you do choose to buy onboard getting a 20% discount makes it a little better!
- 2x Points buying tickets (if you have travel insurance). Amex does not offer trip delay insurance like other cards do but if you already are smart and have a blanket yearly policy then why not enjoy bonus SkyMiles buying tickets with this card.
Any other questions? Ask away in the comments below. I have had this card in the past as well as the personal version and now hold the Amex Reserve Business card as my long term card for all of the above perks and more. You? – René