Fall is on the way and that means one thing for me – an annual visit to the place that changed my travel life – THE Chicago Seminars. Tickets are on sale now and believe it or not rooms at the host hotel are still open for booking!
- You can get your ticket HERE
- Event info on FlyerTalk is HERE
I just love going to this very special event. It is great to catch up with other folks who are just as nuts about points and travel as I am and do not think it strange to say go out and plunk down $10,000 on gift cards (in a day) or to rent 20 cars and not drive any of them or have hundreds of thousands of dollars in coins delivered to your home via UPS (oh I miss those days).
Anyway, this year will be a bit different for me. I have reached the point in my life that I am done speaking at frequent flyer events. However, I will still be coming to Chicago this year and will help out any way I can (always happy to help Howiee out for all he and the team does). Thursday before the event I will be going out to dinner with a few who want to chat about points but do not plan to have anything beyond that on tap. Lastly I will have to depart on Saturday after lunch as I have a commitment on Sunday that weekend.
Back to the event itself. The organizers have, as usual, packed it with an impressive list of speakers with YEARS of frequent flyer knowledge. Take a look at a few:
- Spencer – Writer for One Mile at a Time. I have known Spencer for years and he is just a blast to chat with. His enthusiasm about travel is infectious. You will be smiling when you are done talking or listening to him!
- Tiffany – One Mile at a Time. Tiff is as brilliant as she is kind. Just flat out a points genius. I see why Ben so respects her and what she brings to the blog. Just go and listen to her parts and enjoy (and take notes).
- John – laptoptravel. John has posted many times here on RenésPoints and is ridiculous when it comes to finding sick elite mileage runs. He will make your head spin in addition to being just so real and nice. You can not help but love John once you get to know him.
- Emily – Million Mile Secrets. Emily just bubbles out travel. She is one of the founders of MMS and now travels with kid!
- Greg – Frequent Miler. The legend. Greg and I started blogging about the same time at BoardingArea 7 years ago and I count it a privilege to call him a friend. This man will blow your mind and take your point earning to a new level.
- Stefan – Rapid Travel Chai. Wanna talk to someone who has been to just about every country in the world? Yep, talk to Stefan. He is amazing and even flies Delta a bunch too!
- Richard Kerr – Award Travel 101. Do you know Richard? You should. A brilliant travel mind and a senior contributor at TPG!
…and the above is just a partial list of the minds that will share willingly and openly so much travel knowledge. Exciting – right? While the Chicago Seminars is geared toward the 1st time person to the points and miles arena – don’t think an “expert” will not learn.
If half of the sessions do not interest you then just hang out with the rest of the “old timers” in the hotel lobby or the bar attached to the hotel and pick up tips as chatting with others is one of the best ways to learn tips no one will publish on a blog (hint hint)!
Are you planning on attending this year’s Chicago Seminars 2018? I am! And I would love to say “hi” and chat with you about all things points, miles and travel. Hope to see you there. – René