We had frost tonight in SBN – it’s May 11th – Ugg. I am so ready for summer and summer travel (guess I need to get busy and book some trips). For now, this is the week that was:
- Is it OK to bring your own pillows & blankets onboard a Delta jet? What about 1st class sharing pillows and blankets with coach folks (yeah – I am going there)?!
We are doing something different this week. I am sharing my comments about the stories that caught my attention as “click worthy” headlines:
- A few months back I blogged that Delta would be testing FREE Gogo (DeltaWifi) in just one year. They are already doing so (in limited market(s))!
- Not taking sides one way or the other but Delta HATES unions. They have to put up with the pilots union but they are (again) doing ugly things to do all they can to keep the FAs from joining a union.
- Delta, this past week, PR blitzed us on the chance to “Reclaim” you status if you say had a baby or other “life events”. What a #FAIL. The right way (like other airlines do) would have been a simple give you a 1 year pause – not a 90 day “free status” with then a challenge (time for some elite mileage runs???). My fellow blogger Brian has a good post on the email spin we all got in our inbox from the mothership!
- I posted, with an official Delta corp company quote, that CNN and FOX are NOT being banned from Delta Sky Clubs. I am getting more and more comments on the blog, on twitter (and email) comments that this may not be true (i.e. official response was false). Then again in this day and age, truth is in short supply.
- I love Twitter. Well, let me say that another way – I love when pilots post amazing AVgeek stuff on Twitter. This video of a 747 from the cockpit makes me all gooey inside. OK maybe I am just a bit weird.
With the crazy week that was I am sure there were other headlines we needed to see. If so do comment below and please do include a link to the story. – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.