I was born during the years in the late 60’s when the measles shot was not as effective as it is today. However, I did get the follow-up shot later on (thank you wise parents of mine). But all these reports about measles outbreaks does pique my attention considering just how contagious that decease is and in an airport (or on an airplane) it would likely infect many.
And that brings me to my musing for this afternoon. Are there things about air travel that concern you or stress you out? Maybe so much so that you would consider not flying? Like what things you ask?
- How about your (the) impact on the environment. Flying is not exactly kind to the planet. Not that I think we should give up air travel and take trains. Heck, I am all for even taking a mileage run for fun and to build up your frequent flyer account. But for others, clearly, the impact bothers them. What else?
- Your privacy from security recordings to individuals taking photos or videos. Let’s face it – cameras are everywhere. I expect to be on video everywhere I am in public. As a blogger I take photos and video just about everywhere I go and do not think it is creepy at all. While I do often blur out kids faces in photos I do not do so with adults. You are after all in public. Next hot button topic.
- The 737MAX issue and aircraft safety. Delta does not fly the MAX and I am happy about that. I will be in no rush to get on a MAX from another airline for a very long time. This is maybe the only point in this post that I am onboard, if you will, with those nervous about travel related issues.
- What about being robbed or mugged. There are many places in the world I just will not go. And even places I know well I take precautions. But I am not so scared that I will not get out and enjoy the world. Even taking a mileage run to places that currently are in the news for being scary!
- Getting ill due to water or food issues. I have one time very much regretted eating olives in the lounge in Lima, Peru. Oh my was that bad (Yes, my wise wife warned me!). Worst flight home ever and the few days to follow. It got my full attention. I am more careful now.
- Civil unrest where you are going or the government in charge (and local laws). The US government issues travel warnings. Do you follow them or care? Does what is going on somewhere stop you from a visit? How bad does bad have to get before you will not go?
I am sure there are 100 other things that could move someone not to travel. Are any of the above a concern for you and would impact if you would or would not travel? – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.