An Uber driver created a special “conversation menu” for his passengers, offering to talk (or not) about various topics including restaurants, politics, himself, or other options.
Redditor That1Girrl posted the menu offered by Fairbanks, Alaska, Uber driver. The driver, whom she said is named “Jeffrey” is a Vietnam veteran who drives to help fund his retirement. His car is also “immaculate,” That1Girrl praises.
The menu includes eight options such as:
- The Road Rage Ride: he “(complains) about every other driver, their vehicles, and why they shouldn’t be allowed on the road!”
- The Restaurant Ride: “I talk about the variety of restaurants and help you decide where to eat.” He also has suggestions as to who are the best waitresses.
- The Simon & and Garfunkel Ride: “Sounds of Silence.”
- The Political Ride: “Just kidding!” he writes. “You have yours, I have mine. I can’t change your mind and can’t change mind.”
- The ME Ride: “I tell you all about me.”
In an era during which we need ridesharing safety tips because of a few psychotic, murderous drivers, it’s good to hear a fun story about entertaining drivers who just want to make passengers comfortable.
Maybe we should all mileage run to Fairbanks and try to get Jeffrey as our driver? 😉
Which Conversation Would You Want?
I think I’d go with his “Life’s Lessons” option, in which he shares “some of life’s most essential lessons. Take ’em or leave ’em.”
Check out the menu — and share with us which conversation you’d choose!
(Don’t forget that Platinum Card from American Express (learn more here) members receive up to $200 annually in Uber credits!)
Five stars, Jeffrey.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.