Earn 125,000 bonus points after spending $3000 with the first three months of being approved. Plus, earn 40X IHG Rewards Club points per dollar spent during IHG Hotels & Resorts stays during the first 12 months of your account being opened.
Here’s how the 40X breaks down for stays:
- Earn 25X points for the first 12 months as an IHG Rewards Club Premier credit cardmember. After that, receive 10X points at IHG Hotels and Resorts
- Earn 10X points for Rewards Club Member
- Earn 5X points, thanks to the card’s complimentary IHG Platinum Elite Status.
Wait! There’s More!
Earn 4X points on all other purchases for the first 12 months your account is open!
After that, you’ll receive 2X points at:
- Gas stations
- Grocery store
1X point on all other purchases
Attending this year’s Chicago Seminars and staying at the host hotel (Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village)? You can really rack up IHG points (and knock out some spend) by becoming an IHG Rewards Club Premier credit cardmember.
Other IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card Benefits
- Platinum Elite Status, which includes perks such as:
- Room upgrades
- Guaranteed room availability
- Complimentary internet
- Priority check-in
- Late check-out
- Welcome amenity
- $30 In-room spa credit
- Two free Amazon Kindle eBooks each quarter
- Complimentary “Anniversary” Night at Eligible IHG Hotels
- Valid at properties with a redemption level of 40,000 or points or less
- You receive the anniversary night beginning your second year of card membership
- Enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of four or more nights
- Redeem your bonus points at hotels such as:
- Crowne Plaza
- EVEN Hotels
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre√ application credit every four years.
- No foreign transaction fees
This card’s annual fee is $89 and not waived the first year.
I swore I’d never get this card (SPOILER ALERT: I did) because, like René and many other travelers, I was upset when IHG majorly devalued the previous card’s yearly anniversary free night at any IHG property worldwide. As mentioned above, they’ve since capped the redemption to properties that are 40,000 points and less.
So why did I get this card? The huge welcome bonus and anniversary night. A hotel room for $89 (the card’s annual fee) is still a good deal. You can have some good fun with the 120,000 welcome bonus points until the anniversary night shows up in year two.
The card’s complimentary Platinum elite status has scored me a hospitality suite, some minor room upgrades, and plenty of early check-ins and check-outs.
If you hold the old/now-defunct IHG Rewards Club card, pool that card’s anniversary night with the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card‘s. You’re essentially getting two hotel nights each year for a total of $138.
Great Card for Families
We’ve used IHG points to stay at Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses.
Many Holiday Inns have pools — something kids love. And Holiday Inn Expresses have complimentary breakfast buffets. While the buffets aren’t anything fancy, they do save a family of three (or more) plenty of money.
One More Tip!
Save money on paid hotel reservations by starting your booking at TopCashback!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.