Just over four months remain to qualify or requalify for Delta Medallion status. Elite mileage runs become a priority for many people — including us!
It’s the time of the year when we ramp up our searches for good mileage runs. As a refresher, there are two different elite runs we strive to find here at Rene’s Points:
- MQM runs: trips for the purpose of loading up on elite miles
- MQD runs: trips booked through Delta partner airlines to boost one’s MQD totals. Helpful for Diamonds who can’t (or would prefer to not) meet the Delta Amex $250,000 spend for Diamond Medallion status.
So we can optimize time, goals, etc, we’d like to know your parameters for mileage runs.
Would you please tell me in the below poll what reasonable CPM (cost per mile or cent per mile) interests you? (Cost/cent per mile: total cost of ticket ÷ MQM earned) Yes, we’d all love something in the 1-2 cent per mile range by those are fairly hard to come by.
Finding runs for large groups of people is a lot of work, so please be honest as to what works for you. Obviously, we try to find the lowest CPM possible — but are at the mercy of whatever Delta and SkyTeam have available for good prices. So if you’re good with something in the 6 CPM range, please say so!
Meanwhile, don’t forget that Adam and the Juicy Miles team are mileage run professionals — and can help you book runs with several airlines.
Later this afternoon, I’ll pose a similar question but for MQD runs. (Posted! Tell us your thoughts now!)
If you signed up for the Gold or Platinum Delta Amexes during the cashback promotion, you can really score miles on the cheap.
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
- The Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (no access to Delta Sky Clubs)
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.