No, April Fool’s Day isn’t seven months early. Delta just announced a sale valuing SkyMiles at two cents each!
Delta’s “Dream It – Live It” promotion running through Friday, August 30, lets SkyMiles members apply miles towards a Delta Vacation package’s value — at a value of two cents/SkyMile.
You can choose how many miles you want to use. But for example, 25,000 SkyMiles = $500 discount, 50,000 SkyMiles = $1000 discount, 100,000 SkyMiles = $2000 discount.
Delta Vacations packages include flights and hotel accommodations. Other options — such as rental cars — are also available.
For as much grief as we give Delta for chipping away at SkyMiles, this is a pretty good deal!
Some Key Data Points to Remember
- Offer expires August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern time.
- Minimum of two-night hotel stay required
- You can only redeem up to 999,999 SkyMiles on flight and hotel packages to any Delta Vacations destination (#FirstWorldProblem!)
- Must be purchased through Delta Vacations via delta.com/vacations or the customer engagement center: 1-800-800-1504.
- Reservations can be made up to 331 days in advance
Get maximum points back on any outstanding cash balance remaining after you apply SkyMiles — considering using the Chase Sapphire Reserve which earns 3X on travel purchases and has an annual $300 travel credit.
Check your email for the message from Delta: “Dream It ✈ Live It Event: Miles Are Worth Double With Delta Vacations.” (FWIW, I spotted mine in the “Promotions” tab of my Gmail.)