No, April Fool’s Day isn’t seven months early. Delta just announced a sale valuing SkyMiles at two cents each!
Delta’s “Dream It – Live It” promotion running through Friday, August 30, lets SkyMiles members apply miles towards a Delta Vacation package’s value — at a value of two cents/SkyMile.
You can choose how many miles you want to use. But for example, 25,000 SkyMiles = $500 discount, 50,000 SkyMiles = $1000 discount, 100,000 SkyMiles = $2000 discount.
Delta Vacations packages include flights and hotel accommodations. Other options — such as rental cars — are also available.
For as much grief as we give Delta for chipping away at SkyMiles, this is a pretty good deal!
Some Key Data Points to Remember
- Offer expires August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern time.
- Minimum of two-night hotel stay required
- You can only redeem up to 999,999 SkyMiles on flight and hotel packages to any Delta Vacations destination (#FirstWorldProblem!)
- Must be purchased through Delta Vacations via delta.com/vacations or the customer engagement center: 1-800-800-1504.
- Reservations can be made up to 331 days in advance
Get maximum points back on any outstanding cash balance remaining after you apply SkyMiles — considering using the Chase Sapphire Reserve which earns 3X on travel purchases and has an annual $300 travel credit.
Check your email for the message from Delta: “Dream It ✈ Live It Event: Miles Are Worth Double With Delta Vacations.” (FWIW, I spotted mine in the “Promotions” tab of my Gmail.)
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.