We found another “Scenic Route from Florida to the Dominican Republic” MQM mileage run: Orlando to Santo Domingo via Mexico City!
The lowest-priced trips are currently priced at $703.
Many dates give you the option to either get right back on the plane in SDQ or stay a few days. An overnight stopover in Mexico City is required with all the options I examined.
Minimum stays vary from day to day. You may see the $703 fare in the calendar below and assume it’s over a quick turn. That particular day’s fare, though, may require a one or two night stay. (Or vice versa.) Punch around on Aeromexico.com (look for the “Comfort” fares) and Google Flights to see what you come up with.
Keep in mind the calendar below is a collage of screenshots taken just before this post went live. If you don’t see a fare available on Aeromexico.com and Google Flights, it may be gone for that particular day(s).
The general routing is MCO-MEX-SDQ-MEX-MCO.
The trip is conservatively estimated to travel 6,396 miles. Thanks to how Delta awards partner travel when you credit it to your SkyMiles account, you’ll earn approximately:
- $2558 MQD
- 6,398 MQM (7.2 CPM)
- 12,796 base SkyMiles (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
As usual, these are Y-UP fares that code as “I” tickets. There have been, in the past, some issues with getting correct credit with Y-UPs from AeroMexico. All data points suggest this problem has been fixed — but be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
Here’s a sample itinerary with an immediate turnaround in SDQ:
Consider the Hilton Mexico City Airport, which is at Terminal 1, for your overnight.
You can help support the blog by booking with our Hilton link offering free breakfast and hotel credit at properties in Mexico — thank you! Hilton also is available through Be Frugal and Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates).
Lounge Access in Orlando and Mexico City
As SkyTeam Elite members, Delta Air Lines Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallions (should…) receive complimentary access to the MCO Delta SkyClub when traveling on a SkyTeam partner international trip and may bring a guest on the same PNR. There’s also an Air France lounge in Terminal 5 which SkyTeam Elites can access.
According to Aeromexico, you should be able to enter any Aeromexico lounge, given you’re traveling business class on a SkyTeam partner airline.
Per the SkyTeam website, SkyTeam Elite passengers also receive complimentary access to the Aeromexico’s Salon Premier Nacional in Terminal M.
Also, Priority Pass members may access Salon Premier and Terraza Premier in Terminal 2.
This (and most Aeromexico) run goes through Mexico City, which has a Centurion Lounge (read Rene’s review). So if you don’t yet have a Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply) or Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply) to get you into the Centurion Lounge, now would be a great time to consider applying.
Get Into the Lounge!
<– Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
<– Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
Each month has a handful of dates open. The year, October and early December are the best. You can get a jump start on the 2021 year a bunch of mid-to-late week dates in January, February, and March.
Get Travel Insurance and a Card that Protects You
While we all love earning 5X on purchases made directly with airlines when paying with the Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply), consider using one of these cards that provide Chase’s travel interruption coverage:
Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (3x on travel, up to $150,000 in combined purchases each anniversary year)
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel, $300 annual travel credit and Priority Pass membership)
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Remember our friend Adam and his Juicy Miles team will construct a personalized mileage run for you!
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
- The Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (no access to Delta Sky Clubs)
Other MQD Runs We’ve Blogged This Week
- New York JFK to Lima, Peru: Weekend Overnight Business Class Run: $3777 MQD, 14,166 MQM, 18,888 SkyMiles!
- Elite Aeromexico Business Class Run for Delta MQD: Los Angeles LAX to Santo Domingo! $2276 MQD & 10,900 MQM for $640!
- Business Class Run for Delta MQD: New York JFK to Santo Domingo SDQ on Aeromexico: $3702 MQD, 12,054 MQM
- Elite MQD Business Class Run: Austin (AUS) to Santo Domingo (SDQ): $2133 MQD, 9699 MQM Plus SkyMiles
- MQD & MQM Elite Business Class Run from San Francisco (SFO) to Santo Domingo (SDQ): $3040 MQD, 11,241 MQM
- Take a Scenic Route From Miami (MIA) to Dominican Republic! Elite MQD Business Class Run: $2553 MQD, 9621 MQM
- Montreal (YUL) to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Business Class Run! $3380 MQD, 12,003 MQM for $915 CAN/$688 USD
- SkyTeam Elite Business Class Run from Chicago O’Hare (ORD)! $2885 MQD and 10,839 MQM for Delta SkyMiles Members!
- Las Vegas (LAS) to Santo Domingo (SDQ) Elite MQD Business Class Run: $2740 MQD, 10,278 MQM, 13,704 SkyMiles (Base)
- Dallas (DFW) Business Class Run to Santo Domingo – $2285 MQD, 5714 MQM, 11,498 Base SkyMiles
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.