This is quite an intriguing run with a huge number of dates open from next week into 2020!
Montreal (YUL) to Santo Domingo (SDQ) in Aeromexico business class — with no overnight stayover required.
(Although some dates give you the opportunity to stay a night or two for the same price if you want to make a mini-vacation out of it).
The trip prices out at $915 CAN or $668 USD.
The general routing is YUL-MEX-SDQ-MEX-YUL. (America: the flyover country! 😉 )
The trip is estimated to travel 8,450 miles. Based on that and because of how Delta awards partner travel when you credit it to your SkyMiles account, you’ll earn approximately:
- $3380 MQD
- 12,003 MQM (@ 7.6 CAN/5.6 CPM — that’s a fine business class run!)
- 16,900 base SkyMiles (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
As usual, these are Y-UP fares that code as “I” tickets. There have been, in the past, some issues with getting correct credit with Y-UPs from AeroMexico. All data points suggest this problem has been fixed — but be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
Here’s a sample itinerary with an immediate turnaround in SDQ:
There are red-eyes and loooonggg layovers (about 12 hours each) in Mexico City. So even the immediate turnaround is about almost a 48-hour roundtrip.
If you decide to stay overnight in MEX, consider the Hilton Mexico City Airport, which is at Terminal 1 — right at the airport! (You can help support the blog by booking with our Hilton link offering free breakfast and hotel credit at properties in Mexico — thank you!) Hilton also is available through Be Frugal and Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates).
Lounge Access in Mexico City
I didn’t see any lounge access in Montreal. Sorry. 🙁
According to Aeromexico, you should be able to enter any Aeromexico lounge, given you’re traveling business class on a SkyTeam partner airline.
Per the SkyTeam website, SkyTeam Elite passengers also receive complimentary access to the Aeromexico’s Salon Premier Nacional in Terminal M.
Also, Priority Pass members may access Salon Premier and Terraza Premier in Terminal 2.
This (and most Aeromexico) run goes through Mexico City, which has a Centurion Lounge (read Rene’s review). So if you don’t yet have a Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply) or Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply) to get you into the Centurion Lounge, now would be a great time to consider applying.
Get Into the Lounge!
<– Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
<– Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
There are a ton of dates open almost immediately. They taper off a bit toward the end of the year — but pick up again big time in mid-January.
This trip is bookable on Aeromexico.com — but you might get a good headstart on Google Flights, too.
Why Travel Insurance and Card with Trip Protection Are Important for This Run
Keep in mind many dates fall during hurricane season in the Dominican Republic.
But winter — and plenty of snow — will be in full effect for Montreal during the January and February runs.
Plus, while we all love earning 5X on purchases made directly with airlines when paying with the Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply), consider using one of these cards that come with Chase’s travel interruption coverage:
Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (3x on travel, up to $150,000 in combined purchases each anniversary year)
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel, $300 annual travel credit and Priority Pass membership)
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Remember our friend Adam and his Juicy Miles team will construct a personalized mileage run for you!
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
- The Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (no access to Delta Sky Clubs)
Other MQD Runs We’ve Blogged This Week
- New York JFK to Lima, Peru: Weekend Overnight Business Class Run: $3777 MQD, 14,166 MQM, 18,888 SkyMiles!
- Elite Aeromexico Business Class Run for Delta MQD: Los Angeles LAX to Santo Domingo! $2276 MQD & 10,900 MQM for $640!
- Business Class Run for Delta MQD: New York JFK to Santo Domingo SDQ on Aeromexico: $3702 MQD, 12,054 MQM
- Elite MQD Business Class Run: Austin (AUS) to Santo Domingo (SDQ): $2133 MQD, 9699 MQM Plus SkyMiles
- MQD & MQM Elite Business Class Run from San Francisco (SFO) to Santo Domingo (SDQ): $3040 MQD, 11,241 MQM
- Take a Scenic Route From Miami (MIA) to Dominican Republic! Elite MQD Business Class Run: $2553 MQD, 9621 MQM
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.