Bonjour! Check out this weekend MQD run to Paris in Premium Economy — and it should qualify for the Air France Amex offer!!
[UPDATE: I looked at one fare’s MQD earnings and calculated another’s. The correct earnings are 30% of total mileage flown, so approximately $3633 MQD. Remember you have 24 hours to cancel if you don’t like these totals. Please accept my apology for the mistake.)
This run originates in Los Angeles on a Friday, connects through JFK, and gets you to Paris on a Saturday. Plenty of time to enjoy Christmas markets and do a little sightseeing. Plus, the return flight home Sunday at 10:10 AM isn’t too obnoxiously early. (More on routing in a minute.)
**I’m seeing several West Coast to London and Paris deals right now. I know people want runs from other cities but this is all the engines are showing me. Remember you can position to/from wherever mileage runs start or have mileage run magician Adam craft something amazing for you.**
Despite one flight on Delta, this is an Air France booking that, to take advantage of the elevated MQDs, must be booked through Air France and credited to your SkyMiles account. (Here’s a post about Delta earnings on SkyTeam partner airlines.)
- Departure Date: Friday, December 6
- Outbound Routing: LAX-JFG-CDG (Delta metal from LAX to JFK; Air France to CDG)
- Overnight in Paris
- Return Date: Sunday, December 8
- Returning Routing: CDG-YVR-LAX (Air France from CDG to YVR; WestJet to LAX)
- Price: $1331
- MQM: 18,168 (7.3 CPM)
- MQD: $3633
- SkyMiles: 18,168 (plus Medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
Book through Air France’s US website (double-check to make sure you see the .us) if you have the Air France Amex offer.
As a quick refresher, the Air France Amex offer rewards you 20,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $1000 in Air France before October 31. I believe taxes and fuel surcharges are covered (I didn’t see anything excluding them in the fine print). So this could potentially fulfill that entire offer in one shot. And if you have the offer on your Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply), this will earn you about 25,000 MRs (5X on purchases directly with airlines + 20,000 MR offer bonus).
There are a couple of different outbound routings.
One leaves LAX at 7:55 AM and gives you several hours in New York to either explore JFK — or head into the city for maybe an hour or two and grab a slice of pizza.
The second departs Los Angeles at 2:10 PM. This layover is 89 minutes.
Much like yesterday’s SFO to Heathrow run, the afternoon options gives you a chance to position in the night before or even the same day — and return home on a redeye Sunday night.
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
- The Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (no access to Delta Sky Clubs)
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.