If you need $5000 or more MQD to finish out the Medallion year, here’s a run worth considering.
Reader Matthew tipped us off to this nice JFK-LHR-JNB long weekend roundtrip (thanks, Matthew!) — in Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy. (For what it’s worth, this particular weekend also has good MQM coach fares available for those willing to sit a looong time in coach.) It’s currently available for November 15-17 (arrival back at JFK on the 18th).
There are a few options when it comes to itinerary times. No matter what, though, you’re going to have at least nine hours in London — plenty of time to visit the lounges or maybe take The Tube into town for a fun walk.
And you’ll also get a day to enjoy Johannesburg!
Plus, the return flight has Mile High Tea service on an Airbus 350! (Hey, there are far worse ways to spend a Monday afternoon. You could be at work, for cryin’ out loud!)
Here’s how it breaks down:
- Cost: $1674.43
- Departure Date: Friday, November 15 (variety of times, including evening)
- Arrival Date: Sunday, November 17 (7:55 AM)
- Route: JFK-LHR-JNB
- Return Departure Date: Sunday, November 17 (9:00 PM)
- Return Arrival Date: Monday, November 18 (3:20 PM)
- Route: JNB-LHR-JFK
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 18,806
- MQD (est): $5641 (as Virgin Atlantic’s Premium Economy earns 30% of mileage flown)
- MQM: (est): 28,209 MQM (5.9 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 28,209 base (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
I don’t yet know if the run is available for other dates. I just wanted to get this one out ASAP and make sure you saw it.
Here’s a sample itinerary:
If this run doesn’t work for you, consult the Juicy Miles team. They’ll create something that works for you!
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Cover image photo: ©iStock.com/Subodh Agnihotri
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.