Bay Area: it’s your turn to score some huge MQD and MQM on a long weekend trip to South Africa!
This Virgin Atlantic K-class Premium Economy fare is projected to earn 32,824 MQM and a big $6564 Delta MQD!
The trip departs SFO on Friday evening, December 6. You return to San Francisco on Monday, December 9 (after leaving from Johannesburg late on Sunday night, December 8).
There are options leaving SFO on Thursday or Saturday and stay a night in JNB if you want more time to explore the city. Like many other JNB runs, this gives you almost a full day to get out and look around Jo’burg.
The run currently costs $1864.15 — but can help you jump most Delta status levels during a single weekend. (Even if you have no status on Delta, this would catapult you to Silver Elite.)
Here are the stats:
- Cost: $1864.15
- Departure Date: Friday, December 6
- Arrival Date: Sunday, December 8
- Route: SFO-LHR-JNB
- Return Departure Date: Sunday, December 8
- Return Arrival Date: Monday, December 9
- Route: JNB-LHR-SFO
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 21,882
- MQD (est): $6564 (as Virgin Atlantic’s Premium Economy earns 30% of mileage flown when credited to your Delta SkyMiles account)
- MQM: (est): 32,824 MQM (5.7 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 32,824 (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
If you don’t live in San Francisco but want to take advantage of this run, consider positioning to/from to SFO or OAK.
Remember, too, that the Juicy Miles team can create a custom run for you.
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your travel purchases!
- 5X on The Platinum Card from American Express (<– LINK) when using your card to purchase airfare directly from airlines
- 3X with the Chase Sapphire Reserve (<– LINK)– which also comes with an annual $300 travel credit
- 3X on the Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (<– LINK) (3X on the first $150,000 combined spend in categories — such as travel — each anniversary year)
- 3X with the American Express Gold Card (<– LINK) when using your card to purchase airfare directly from airlines
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Cover image: ©iStock.com/wayneknoesen
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.