Los Angeles-area Delta flyers (or those who can position there), here’s an MQM run to Punta Cana, the Dominican Republic that takes a couple of weekdays to accomplish.
This LAX-PUJ run yields 8162 MQM for $372.85. It’s a Main Cabin trip and Medallions are eligible for upgrades to Comfort+, first class, and Delta One (on the JFK to LAX leg).
Available departures I’ve seen are Tuesday, November 12 (arriving back in LA on Wednesday, November 13) and Monday, November 18 (returning to LA on the 19th)
There’s a long layover (almost seven hours) in SLC. So you have time to either venture out of the airport and grab a bite. Or enjoy some serious Sky Club appreciation time.
You have a fast (about an hour) turnaround in PUJ and get back on the plane, stopping in New York and then back to LAX. The JFK to LAX hop is a 767-300, equipped with Delta One.
Here’s how it breaks down:
- Date: Tuesday, November 12 – Wednesday, November 13 or Monday, November 18 – Tuesday, November 19
- Route: LAX-SLC-JFK-PUJ-JFK-LAX
- Cost: $372.85
- MQM: 8,162 (4.6 cpm)
- MQD: $197
Bookable on Delta.com.
In the meantime, consider our friend Adam for help constructing a personalized mileage run that suits your needs and convenience!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your travel purchases!
- 5X on The Platinum Card® from American Express (<– LINK) when using your card to purchase airfare directly from airlines
- 3X with the Chase Sapphire Reserve (<– LINK)– which also comes with an annual $300 travel credit
- 3X on the Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (<– LINK) (3X on the first $150,000 combined spend in categories — such as travel — each anniversary year)
- 3X with the American Express® Gold Card (<– LINK) when using your card to purchase airfare directly from airlines
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.