The Uber Cash is deposited directly into the cardholder’s Uber account.
The Uber Cash also works with Uber Eats. (Save $7 on your first Uber Eats order with promo code “eats-pointslounge”)
Earn More Points on Uber Rides — Don’t Use Your Amex Platinum Card!
Just because the Platinum Card from American Express gives you the Uber Cash doesn’t mean you must use that card to pay for any cash overages on your Uber ride! In fact, I highly encourage you to use something different.
The Amex Platinum card awards only 1X for everything that’s not an airline purchase.
You’re much better off using a card with travel or general spend bonuses. Consider:
- Chase Ink Business Preferred (3X on travel, up to combined $150,000 in annual purchases)
- American Express Green Card (3X on travel)
- Blue Cash Preferred from American Express (3% cashback on transit)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (3X on travel)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred (2X on travel)
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card (2X on all purchases) [Learn how to apply]
Amex Gold Cardholders: Save $10 at Select Food Merchants — Including GrubHub!
American Express Gold Card members enjoy a monthly $10 credit to use at select food vendors. The credit renews on the first of each month. These purchases code as worldwide restaurant charges and earn 4X!
Enrollment is required (once), so log on to your account page and access the “Benefits” section.
Participating restaurants and services include:
- Grubhub (use our link/promo code to save $12 on your first order!)
- Seamless (use our link/promo code to save $12 on your first order!)
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- participating Shake Shack locations
Featured image: ©iStock.com/Pinkypills
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.