Here’s a nice opportunity to pick up a bunch of MQM, try out Delta Air Lines’ 777 Premium Select product, and enjoy a night in Tokyo!
The run currently prices at $1,168.05 and hauls in 17,464 MQM.
The trip goes from Las Vegas to Los Angeles (in Delta Comfort+) and then LAX to Haneda (in Premium Select). Stay a night in Tokyo and fly the reverse back to Vegas. (While this trip involves a 777, René reviewed the A350’s Premium Select during the inaugural trip. Read his post for an idea of your trip will be like!)
There are a couple of potential downsides. This mileage run
- takes place during the middle of the week
- leaves Las Vegas at 6:15 AM
So if you don’t live in Vegas, you’ll have to stay over the night before at a hotel — or find something to do on the Strip. 🙂
But if you can find a way to make this work, this could be pretty sweet.
I found two dates available:
- Depart Monday, December 2 and return Thursday, December 4
- Depart Tuesday, December 3 and return Thursday, December 5
Here’s how it breaks down.
- Route: LAS-LAX-HND. Overnight in Tokyo. HND-LAX-LAS.
- Cost: $1,168.05 in C+ and Premium Economy
- MQM: 17,464 (6.7 CPM)
- MQD: $1,014
Many LAX international flights depart from the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), so you’ll likely need to take the Delta shuttle bus to/from your Haneda flights. Allow 30 minutes, just to be safe.
Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallions: keep in mind you’re SkyTeam Elite Plus, so you and a guest have complimentary access to the LAX SkyClubs (T2, T3, and the T3 “satellite”/overflow lounge) during this run, as it’s an international trip.
If this run doesn’t work for you, consider our friend Adam for help constructing a personalized mileage run that suits your needs and convenience!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.