Merry Christmas, indeed! We get lots of requests for mileage runs from Atlanta (and other Delta hubs). They’re generally hard to find — but we’re always excited when we find one.
Here’s a true mileage run (i.e. not leaving the airport, doing tons of flying) from Atlanta to Delhi, India in Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy. The final flight — a JFK to ATL hop — is in Delta Comfort+ but still codes as a Virgin “K” fare.
It currently prices at $1,596.55 and is estimated to travel 16,711 miles.
- Cost: $1,596.55
- Dates: March 28-30
- Route: ATL-LHR-DEL-LHR-JFK-ATL.
- Class: Virgin Atlantic K
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 16,711
- MQD (est): $5013 (because Virgin Atlantic’s Premium Economy earns 30% of mileage flown)
- MQM: (est): 25,068 MQM (6.4 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 25,068 (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
This sinlge trip can give you an entire status jump from most tiers to the next.
Delta Gold, Platinum and Diamonds Medallions: remember you’re SkyTeam Elite. This gives you and a guest access to Delta Air Lines Sky Clubs during international trips such as these. Plus, Platinums and Diamonds can enjoy the fabulous Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at London Heathrow!
A few things to know:
The State Department says all US citizens need visas to visit India. I don’t see any exemptions for mileage runners 🙂 . They run about $100 and are valid for 10 years. So factor that cost into your run if you don’t hold an Indian travel visa.
If This Run Doesn’t Work for You…
Make a New Year’s resolution to enjoy mileage runs tailored to your schedule, budget, and home airport! Get in touch with the mileage run staff at Juicy Miles now and plan something for 2020.
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
— Santa Chris
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Featured image: ©iStock.com/YURY_TARANIK
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.