Proactive East Coast flyers looking to stock up on MQD during early 2020 will be interested in this New York JFK to Quito, Ecuador (UIO) business class mileage run on Aeromexico!
It’s estimated to earn 12,148 MQM & $3,239 MQD when you credit the run to your Delta SkyMiles account. (Read more about Delta partner trips — and why you can earn more MQD.)
As usual, these are Y-UP fares. There have been, in the past, some issues with getting correct credit with Y-UPs from AeroMexico. All data points suggest this problem has been fixed — but be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
What I really like about this run is how many weekend options are available. It’s practically tailored for folks who work Monday through Friday: some trips begin Saturday afternoon and arrive back at JFK just past midnight Monday.
Tons of dates are available — starting as soon as late January!
Some itineraries include flights aboard Aeromexico’s 787 Dreamliner (read René’s review). If you hold a credit card with Priority Pass access, consider visiting the Sala VIP lounge. I believe AeroMexico also has a lounge business class passengers (like you!) can access. (In Mexico City, cardholders of the Platinum Card from American Express (learn more and compare) and Business Platinum Card from American Express can access the MEX Centurion Lounge.)
The trip is bookable on Aeromexico.com. If you can’t find seats on Aeromexico’s site, however, begin your search at JustFly, which earns $16 through Top Cashback.
- Cost: Varies by date. As low as $850.40
- Dates: See calendar below
- Route: JFK-MEX-UIO-MEX-JFK
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 8,098
- MQD (est): $3,239 (because Aeromexico I fares earns 40% of mileage flown when credited to your Delta SkyMiles account)
- MQM: (est): 12,147 MQM (7 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 16,196 (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
Not For You?
Looking for something different? Rene’s Points recommends the mileage run at Juicy Miles for help constructing a personalized mileage run that suits your needs and convenience! Their founder, Adam Morvitz, was interviewed for the Washington Post article about mileage runs — that also featured René!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Featured image: ©iStock.com/diegograndi
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.