Please note: this post has been edited to reflect changes to certain credit card names, images, and earning structures.
Several annual and monthly travel- and credit card-related benefits expire during the next two days. Here are a few I’ll use during 2019’s waning hours.
American Express Platinum and Gold Card Airline Incidental Credit
Several premium American Express cards offer statement credit for purchases made with an eligible airline chosen by the cardholder. Some of these cards are:
- The Platinum Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express
- American Express Gold Card
Traveling before 2020? Mileage Booster purchases have been crediting. I know it’s not the most exciting redemption — but it’s better than nothing. Guesting people in Delta Sky Clubs also worked for me last week.
Don’t forget onboard food and beverage purchases, checked baggage fees, etc.
Chase Freedom Flex: Quarterly 5% Bonus
The Chase Freedom Flex card’s 2019 Q4 bonus offers 5% back (up to $1500 in purchases) at PayPal, on Chase Pay, and at select department stores ends December 31. Haven’t hit the $1500 max yet? Use PayPal or Chase Pay during a transaction and enjoy 5% cash back or Ultimate Rewards.
Don’t forget to register for Q1 2020’s bonus categories!
Delta Drink Coupons
If you hold any Delta Have One On Us (“HOOUs”) drink coupons, check their expiration date. If they expire December 31, 2019, remember to use them — or gift them to others.
Free Gogo WiFi Passes for Amex Business Platinum Members
It seems these passes expire on December 30. Cardholders traveling December 31 apparently can’t enjoy the benefit.
Here’s hoping Delta — and other airlines — soon start offering free inflight WiFi.
$35 Uber Cash
Don’t want to drive to a New Year’s Eve party or dinner? Treat yourself to Uber.
These credits also work toward Uber Eats.
Want to order in lunch today or Monday? Want to order in during Sunday’s NFL football games or Monday and Tuesday’s college bowl games? Uber Eats, my friends. (Use promo code eats-pointslounge to save $7 off your first order.)
$10 Dining Credit at Select Dining Merchants
American Express Gold Card members enjoy a monthly $10 credit to use at select food vendors. The credit renews on the first of each month. These purchases code as worldwide restaurant charges and earn 4X! Participating restaurants and services include:
- Grubhub (use our link/promo code to save $12 on your first order!)
- Seamless (use our link/promo code to save $12 on your first order!)
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- participating Shake Shack locations
Featured image: ©iStock.com/AndreyPopov
Get 5% Cashback on Quarterly Bonus Categories, Select Grocery Purchases, and Select Travel Purchases!
- No annual fee!
- $200 bonus after spending only $500 on purchases within three months of being approved!
- Several 5% cashback categories:
- Earn 5% cashback on up to $1,500 on purchases in quarterly bonus categories you activate.
- Earn 5% cashback on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent within the first year of being approved. That alone is potentially worth $600.
- Earn 5% cashback on travel purchased through Chase. So if you book a trip through Chase’s travel service, you’ll receive 5% cashback — and still earn both elite and redeemable miles on your airline ticket purchases!
- You also enjoy 3% cashback on some other purchases:
- Dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- Learn more now about the Chase Freedom Flex credit card or read about more great no annual fee cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.