A plane carrying the Kansas University men’s basketball team reportedly suffered engine failure about 20 minutes after departing San Jose (SJC) on Sunday afternoon, causing the flight to return to SJC.
Thankfully, no injuries were reported.
This video, posted by Kansas University associate athletic director Ryan White, shows what appears to be sparks on the plane’s starboard side.
— Ryan White (@ryanwhite_01) December 30, 2019
From what we can tell, it seems the flight was Swift Air 5093 from SJC to Topeka Regional (FOE).
H/T: KTLA Morning News
Featured image: ©iStock.com/frankpeters
- 5X Membership Rewards points on purchases made directly with airlines
- Transfer points to Delta SkyMiles or other travel loyalty programs!
- Access to more than 1200 airport lounges — including Delta Sky Clubs (when flying on Delta Air Lines)
- $200 annual airline incidental credit
- $200 in Uber Cash each year
- Complimentary gold status at Marriott and Hilton
- Global Entry or TSA Pre√ credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- Terms apply
Apply today and receive a decision in as soon as 30 seconds.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.