It’s the West Coast’s turn for a China Eastern business class mileage run!
Here’s an LAX to Jakarta mileage trip pricing at $1995.25 on Expedia. Here’s a direct link to the deal I found. (If the price is higher, try searching for other dates.)
The trip should yield nearly $7400 MQD when you credit the trip to your Delta Air Lines SkyMiles account — that’s the important part.
Like the JFK run we blogged earlier, you’ll stay overnight and have a full day in Jakarta. (It looks like there are options to stay longer if you like.)
- Cost: $1995.95
- Dates: Departures on February 19, 21, 22, and 25.
- Route: LAX-PVG-CGK-PVG-LAX
- Class: China Eastern I between LAX and PVG. China Eastern J between PVG and CGK.
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 18,458
- MQD (est): $7383.20 (because China Eastern’s I and J classes earn 40% of mileage flown)
- MQM: (est): 30,348 (6.6 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 36,916 (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
Where to Book
China Eastern’s website = yuck.
My pal Carol generally has success through Travelocity, Momondo, and JustFly. (You can earn up to $16 cashback on JustFly if you start your purchase through TopCashback.) I’ve also had luck finding runs on Expedia.
Our friend Adam (who was featured along with René in the Washington Post a few weeks ago) has a team of people dedicated to finding and booking mileage runs. Get in touch with them for help booking this mileage run — or have them create something especially for you. They’re the best.
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Cover photo: ©iStock.com/hanafichi
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.